Chapter 2

⚠️TW// Self Harm

Harry sat in the Gryffindor common room staring at the blazing fireplace.

He watched as the flames moved and danced in quick synchronized movements scorching the wood under it.

Harry thought it was beautiful. The red and orange lit up his face and the rest of common room.
It fascinated Harry how something so pretty and elegant could destroy everything around it. How it spread like a virus and corrupted and destroyed everything it touched.

Harry got up from the couch and sat in front of the fireplace. He sat looking at the fire for minute then extended his arm and let his fingers touch the flames.

He inhaled as a sharp pain made its way throughout his fingers but he kept still and let the fire wrap itself around his hand.

It felt good. The burning sensation, the way the fire had a whole different pattern of movements then before like the flames had accommodated their dance to fit Harry into its rhythm.

"Harry" a sudden voice snapped Harry out of his trance. He turned his head and was faced with Hermonie, the worry and dismay prevalent on her face.

"Harry stop your going to hurt yourself" she panicked and grabbed his arm. His hand was lifted from the flames.

Disappointedly he looked down at his hand. His fingers were a bright red and burn marks were littered all over his skin.

"Christ Harry!" "What the hell are you doing"

Harry was silent he stared at his fingers then at Hermonie.

"I was observing" his words held no meaning. Hermonie looked at him her eyes full of an emotion Harry couldn't place.

"Harry please" Her voice breaking. Hermonie stood up standing Harry up with her.

"Let me take you to Infirmary please" Her eyes started to water while looking at her best-friend.

"I'm fine" he gave her a empty smile and patted her on the shoulder then turned and walked out of the common room.

Hermonie looked at the fire. She grabs her wand and with a quick spell she puts it out.

She sat down on the couch as tears began to spill out of her eyes. She didn't particularly know why she was crying. Maybe it was because she was watching her best friend fall apart. Or maybe it was because she knew deep down that this was the one problem that she couldn't fix.

~~~~~~~~~~

Draco rushs down the hallway nearly Tripping over his feet. Honestly he forget the specific reason why he was running but he had a location and a time and he was already late.

Draco continues running knocking a few first years over and almost running straight into a wall.

Draco quickens his pace and bumps into a hard solid chest then crashes to the floor.

" look where your going next time!" Draco groans, a ache running up his back from falling on the floor too hard.

"You were the one running at me Malfoy"
Draco eyes pop open at the sound of the familiar voice. He looks up at the tall figure that stood over him. His eyes met with the gloomy face of Harry Potter.

"P-potter hello funny to see you here" that same alarming dark aoura hit Draco in the face and made him curl in on himself a bit

"Why is it funny...I attend school here just like you do Malfoy" Harry said with a bored expression.

"Y-Yes I suppose you do" "could I get a hand here please"

Harry stares for a few seconds then breaths in deeply
"Your perfectly capable of standing on your own Malfoy. I have business to attend too and your wasting my time" Harry steps around Draco and walks down the hallway.

Draco huffs and gets on his feet groaning from the throbbing pain in his back.
"Goddamn you Potter and your mindless brooding" Draco grumbles, walking slowly towards the Infirmary.

~~~~~~~~~~

Harry continues to walk down the hallway until he comes to a familiar bathroom entrance. He takes a deep breath and opens the door. All the memories from second year come rushing in. He smiles at the thought of when him his friends used go on they're dangerous but all together thrilling adventures.

"There's no time for nostalgia right now" Harry's smile falls and he walks further into the dark restroom.

He looks around expecting to see Moaning Murtel pop out to annoy him but strangely she was no where to be found.

Harry shakes it off and steps towards the sinks. He traces his fingers over the all too familiar snake carving.

He then whispers in parcel tongue causing the sinks to shift and creak apart opening a hole that plummeted into the darkness.

Harry jumps down into the hole with out hesitation. He slides down a lot more gracefully then he did in his second year.

Landing safely on the huge pile of bones at the bottom he trudges through the tunnels too the exact spot where he slayed the Basilisk.

He looks at the dried blood on the floor and the skeleton of the Basilisk.

Harry sits on the floor with his legs crossed. He closes his eyes and starts to speak.

"I don't know who's listening or if anyone's listening at all. All my life I've followed a certain agenda. Save everyone and do it heroically because I'm the chosen one. Expectations were always set so high for me I was never able to do anything for myself or follow my own plan."

He pauses for a minute.

"Ever since the war. Ever since I killed Voldomort I've felt something stir inside me. A deep darkness that feels like a it's always been there." "I'm unsure what it is or what it means."

"So please anyone if your listening to me please show me the way"

Harry stops talking waiting for a response that he never expected to come from the start.

He sighs and gets up. "This was a waste of time"
He begins to walk towards the exit but He sees something in the corner of his eye. He turns and sees a bright green smoak floating in the air.

He Takes a few steps towards it and tilts his head. At that moment other smoak clouds appear all a different variety of colors.

"What the hell"

Harry takes a step back. The smoak hovers in they're spots for a moment then they start to form into a person like figures. They all start to walk towards him.

Harry's feet wouldn't move. He wanted to run but it felt like someone was holding him in place.

Suddenly the first green smoak figure steps up to Harry then enters Harry's body disappearing. With no time to process what just happens all the other smoak figures followed behind the green one and entered Harry's body disappearing.

Harry stood there in shock over what he just experienced. A searing pain shoots through his chest traveling all around his body. Harry let's out a ear piercing scream and falls to his knees and doubles over. Closing his eyes tighter as the pain intensifies.

Suddenly the pain stops.

Harry pants his eyes still shut closed.
Then he feels it. He feels the power. He feels that darkness in him finally not being a problem anymore. It's a part of him now.

He stands up slowly opening his eyes. His eyes were now a sharp vibrant green they looked almost as if they were glowing.

Not only can he feel the power he can see it. He can see all wonders and mysterious of the universe. He sees realms and different worlds and planets unknown too the human civilization.
He sees galaxys upon galaxys.

Harry's mouth forms into a crooked smirk. He knows exactly what he wants to do it and what he needs to do it or rather who. With a wave of his hand he appears back in the restroom and closes the sinks then leaves through the door out into the hallways.

Something ignited in Harry that day. Something that would doom them all.