Criminals

-Near Treviso, Italy-
-Shopping Center-

"Dee-" Logan started, shakily pushing up his glasses.

"I know. Ro, you and Remus get what we need. The rest of us will be toward that clearing, okay?" Deceit pointed at an area off to the side, and the twins nodded.

"Wait- should we really be splitting up right now??" Virgil asked, standing up. 

"If you want to go with your boyfriend, just say so!" Deceit snapped, causing everyone's eyes to widen. "Yes, you can go with Roman. Just be safe and don't do anything stupid! Get what we need, then come back!" 

Roman started to protest that they were not dating, but saw the look on Thomas's face and stopped himself. "Okay. Remus, change what you look like a bit. Virgil, you can put your hood up. Let's go." Virgil still looked shocked, but Remus dashed off. "RE- UGH- WAIT-" Roman exclaimed

Deceit turned and started walking, Emile, Thomas, Joan, and Talyn following. Remy was just starting to wake up, and Logan quickly ducked out of Jane's view. "Lo! Wait!" Patton exclaimed. "Who was that?"

"Jane," he answered, not looking back.

"Her?"

"Yes."

"Why did you look so alarmed?" Patton caught up to him, and Logan finally looked at the other.

"You know how dangerous she is, Pat," he said slowly, raising an eyebrow.

Patton froze. "She's... dangerous?"

Logan stopped, too. "Yes. She is very dangerous."

"You never told me that." Patton frowned. "Lo... What was the trial about?"

Logan's eyes widened. "I..."

"You said it was just a simple thing about money..." Patton's voice took on a dangerous edge and Logan gulped.

"Um... I might've fabricated the truth a bit... so that you wouldn't worry." 

"Uh-huh. And what else did you fabricate?" Patton crossed his arms. 

"Um... well... is now really the time for this?" Logan asked him. The other shrugged.

"What time would be better?"

"Maybe you guys should talk when we're not in danger of being seen by her," Deceit suggested, putting Remy down. Logan nodded quickly.

"Y-yeah. That's smart. Let's do that," he agreed, starting to walk again. Patton still seemed upset, but followed nonetheless. 

When they arrived in the clearing, Emile immediately glanced through the branches. "I'll keep an eye on her," he said. Joan, Talyn, and Thomas looked over at the three in the shopping plaza, while Dee walked with Remy to the side, but still kept an eye on Logan and Patton. 

"Logan, explain," Patton said, face scarily blank. 

"It's nothing much," lied Logan. He pushed up his glasses and took a deep breath.

-

Roman muttered something that caused Virgil to look up and smile at him. Remus glanced over and rolled his eyes, picking out some stuff as he ignored the two. "Language..." giggled Virgil quietly. The strong hero blushed and looked up.

"Apologies. It's just a slightly frustrating situation, is all."

"I know. Just be glad Pat wasn't around." Virgil reached for a bag of carrots as he spoke. Roman smiled and nodded.