The Fall Of Wall Maria

Third P.O.V.

Humanity was suddenly reminded that day of the terror of being at their mercy of the humiliation of being trapped inside a cage.

Rose had just finished adding the last stick to the pile when she heard her brother starting to sit up.

"Huh? Mikasa, Rose, We should be getting are we doing here?" Eren asked groggily.

"You were that deep asleep that you're still only half-awake?" Asked Rose, Tilting her head to the side.

"No It just feels like I had this really long dream or something What was it about? I can't even remember."

"Eren, Why are you crying?" Asked Mikasa as she lifted up all the sticks she and Rose have collected.

"Huh?" Eren said lifting his left hand to touch his face. "I didn't even notice."

"Still, crying for no real reason You should have your dad give you a checkup." Mikasa said in her usual tone.

"Yeah because crying is a medical thing" Eren said sarcastically.

"I agree with Mikasa Er-" Rose was cut off by a blond man cutting into their conversation.

"What are you crying' about, Eren?" asked in his slightly drunk voice. "Did Mikasa and Rose get on your case about something?"

"Huh?! What makes you think I was crying?!" Eren shouted offended.

Rose scrunched up her nose at the smell "No offense Mr. Hannes, but you reek of alcohol"

"You're drinking again!" Eren yelled pointing an accusing finger at the drunk soldier.

"You guys wanna join in?" He asked tilting forward.

"We're to young" Mikasa said flatly.

Rose looked around to see all the other soldiers drinking as well "Actually, uhh don't you have work?" Rose asked warily

"Yup! We're guarding' the gate today! We're stuck here all day, so we end up getting hungry and some booze happens to get into our drinks, so what? It's no big deal." Mr. Hannes said waving his hand as if to dismiss the matter.

"What if something happens?! Can you fight like that?!" Eren asked getting mad.

"- Whaddya mean, 'If something happens'?" replied trying to play innocent.

"You know what I mean! I'm talking about if they break the walls and get into the city!" Eren said fully yelling now, well Rose and Mikasa just stood on the sidelines watching.