Extended Summary

◈ ◈ ◈

◈ ◈ ◈

Super trouper beams
are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
'Cause somewhere in
the crowd there's you.

Jesse Fontana knew too much about the twisty darkness and the unsettling strangeness that lingered in the world. From the bold headlines on newspapers about extraterrestrial life or hidden under rubber Halloween masks. But none of her slashing experiences could prepare her for the utter dark strangeness that slumbered in the tiny town of Hawkins, Indiana. Just waiting and growing with sinister plans of global invasion.

After being the sole survivor of the serial murders at Camp Jacaranda, Jesse was hailed as a heroine after being found fearless and decorated with blood and bruises, the body of a psycho at her feet. It had been a miracle that she had survived the hellish night that had taken her mother, and while she was alive and breathing, Jesse Fontana only felt finality... for she was the final girl.

With college a faraway dream, Jesse moves to Hawkins with her conspiracy nut of a father who believes there is a mystery buried in the town and her sister, Bronte, who wants nothing more than a normal life away from little green men and serial killers.

With roller skates and her cassette tapes, Jesse desperately plans for her future that seems just as dead as she feels some days. But none of her plans included the dead-end-town boy Steve Harrington with gravity-defying hair. And she definitely didn't plan on falling for a boy who had the unlucky habit of stumbling into trouble.

But the Fontana sisters can't seem to catch a break when their hot summer is disturbed by things far stranger than anything else they have encountered before. Whether or not she likes it, Jesse must embrace her final girl status if she wants to make it out alive this sweltering neon-infused summer.

❝  Russian jerks that wanna conquer the world by using interdimensional monsters? Well, excuse me for thinking my status as a final girl seemed bitchin' ten minutes ago

  Russian jerks that wanna conquer the world by using interdimensional monsters? Well, excuse me for thinking my status as a final girl seemed bitchin' ten minutes ago. Fuck all this.

  So, I'll take that as yes. Great, grab your skates, final girl, let's roll.

◈ ◈ ◈ 

[ Author's Note ]

So, this girl is not ready to let go of Stranger Things as my Billy Hargrove story comes to an end, ergo my main reason for writing another story in Hawkins. I'm way too attached to the show and the characters and King Steve is well... king! I don't think anybody can blame me for wanting to write about Steve Harrington.

I'm excited to flesh him as a character and delve into his little quirks and his heart of gold. Technically, this book is a sequel to Risky Business (my Billy Hargrove story) but you can still read this story as a stand-alone. However, some of my other original characters will be popping up now and then (again, because I'm still way too attached).

Now, Jesse and Bronte Fontana will have a pretty twisted and a tiny bit crazy backstory inspired by 80s slasher flicks but I think that just makes it all so much more fun! I'm SO HYPED for American Horror Story: 1984... that alas this story was born and Emma just looks so darling in the new promo. So, go in with an open mind and enjoy all the neon-induced strangeness!

Dedicated to tinkertaydust for helping me build this plot and brieIarson for the stunning cover!