I am so proud of you (one shot)

~Eridan~    (trigger warning)

"six months." Sollux said.

   "hmm?" I asked him.

"I'm six months clean, ED." He said, rolling his sleeves up.I almost didn't want to look at his arm. It killed me inside knowing that he had done this to himself.

    "I am so proud of you..." I said, gently grabbing his arm. I examined the yellow, slightly risen lines on the surface of his soft gray skin. I was so glad there were no new ones... Month by month they were slowly fading, getting lighter and lighter. I brought his arm up to my mouth and I kissed each and every one of the scars visible on his arm.  Sollux blushed bright yellow and smiled.

   "Eridan, can I have a hug?"

   "of course!"

I pulled Sollux against me and held him like I was never gonna let go. Sollux looked up at me and I knew what he wanted.  I softly brushed my lips against his. He pulled away and looked down at our feet. "hold me.. please..." He said.

I picked him up and carried him to my bed and layed him down. I laid down next to him and wrapped my arms around him. I could hear his soft, steady breath in my ear and smiled. "I love you Eridan.."

   "I love you too sol..."

I pressed my lips against Sollux's forehead and I removed his blue and red glasses.

   I could tell he was fighting sleep. "go ahead and go to sleep darling, I'll be here when you wake up" and with that he closed his eyes and shortly after he was snoring quietly with his face in my chest and his hand tangled with mine. "I am so proud of you..." I whispered.