Who are they?

Hi, my name is Cadia Hall but all my friends call me Dia. I am seventeen years old and I homeschool. My mom and dad are divorced but thank the heavens, they truly weren't meant for each other.

I have two good friends who doesn't homeschool. One is a boy name Alex who lives next door; I use to have a little crush on him when we were younger and the other is Kay. We met at Alex's 13th birthday party.

If you ask me my life is pretty good. I wake up whenever I want to, I listen to my lessons with my feet up on my desk eating cheese puffs, I have no boy problems, and most importantly I have the best friends ever.

Their names are Morgan, Kennedy, Becky, Savannah, and Lisa. We meet every holiday on Korner's Park at 8:00 a.m. We have lunch, and do several other activities throughout the day. We also go to someone's house after, today it is my house. If anyone is a minute late they have to do a crazy dare. Last Labor Day, Lisa had to steal a can of dog food out of a store and walk around in public eating it. We also meet on some weekends, and special days like birthdays.

"Mom, it's 7:58, step on it!"

The car then came to a stop.

As I race out of the car, I grab my bag and shout,"See you later mom, love you."

Almost reaching the appointed spot. I see my friends standing above the wide blue blanket below a large Redwood tree, looking at their watch or phone with smiling faces probably thinking 'We've got her this time!' However their wrong! Just before their watches turn 8:01 a.m my multicolor converse comes to a stop.

I slid my index finger across my forehead removing the light brown hair that escaped my ponytail to the back of my ears

"Wooo, that was close!" I said trying to catch my breath.

We all gathered in a circle jumping up, screaming, and hugging each other.

"Let's order pizza,"said Kennedy, "What do you guys want?"

"Um, how about the meat and veggie lovers, yeah?" asked Becky turning around to look at the rest of us.

We nodded our heads along with a "Yeah" or " Mhm" in agreement.

We sat down and talked about stuff we didn't and couldn't share over the phone. About thirty minutes after the girl's boyfriends came, all except mines. I'm not a fan of the boyfriend, girlfriend relationship. I feel as if I will be wasting my precious time and I'm too young for that. Although I sometimes feel like I'm missing out on something, I believe that my life is fine without all the drama.

"You guys act like you haven't seen each other in months", I said seeing the girls kiss their boyfriends.

In the corner of my eyes I see a red figure. I then turn around to confirm that is was the pizza delivery guy. He has two boxes in his hand as he stands up with a confused look on his face searching the park.

'Finally, he's here,' I thought.

I walk toward him and lead him to the group. Approaching the girls and their boyfriends, I say, "The pizza is here!" in a loud happy voice. They all started hitting their legs and making a sound in coordination whiles chanting, "Pizza,pizza,pizza!" The delivery guy then gave the box on the top to me.

"Okay, veggie," I said as I opened the box and passed it down to Kennedy.

"And meat lovers," as I received and opened the next box.

"That will be $33.80," said the delivery guy.

Everyone gives me a dollar or two or five towards the pizza. I pay the delivery guy. As I began to walk to the other end of the blanket, the delivery guy asks for my phone number. I look at his silver name tag which was sparkling as the sun shine on it, and I began thinking to myself that he is really good looking, and seems nice, but he is not my type. I shouldn't waste his time.