Chapter 6

Jillianne was never the friendly type of women. She was totally a bitch in her kind and so obsessed in dramas. I had met her in Senior High School but never had a chance to be close to her. When we graduated, I fled to Cebu to explore and do some things and I accidentally met her there. After that, we were in touch and a year of chatting, we decided to make it to the next level. She was aware of my activities— when we were still chat-mates— that I was flirting with other women. It shocked me to know that she was okay with it at first. I thought she was sport and fine with open relationship but as time passed by, I had known that she was the same as other girls. She was possessive and she was always ranting about her fog of illusions. She was in her room of paranoia most of the time that when I was holding my phone, she’ll suspect that I was texting someone else that in fact, it was friends who were asking about our school requirements.

“I told you, it’s George.” I immediately said as she tried to peek on the screen of my phone.

She glared at me, “If it’s George, why do you need to respond in each messages he sent?”

“Are you gonna throw a fit just because of this petty reason?”

“Petty? You call that petty?” she said mockingly, “If you weren’t cheating, then give me the passcode of your phone and your Facebook account!”

“W-what? You’re kidding me,” I uttered as I shook my head.

I wasn’t really serious in relationship before. At the age of fourteen, I lost my virginity with a sixteen years old grade 10 student. She liked me and she admitted it in front of me. Way back, I was a kid, willing to explore and taste something new. After my first sex, it followed more each passing years. It was normal tendency of a man to have sex, it was our nature so was it okay. Honestly, even I was committed, I was still flirting with women behind my girlfriend’s back. Even when I was committed to Jillianne, I made out and had a sex with random girls that I had met in the bar.

I was no saint at all— but I wasn’t claiming to be one. Girls were easy when they were challenged and thrilled. There were women driven by their curiosity or just wanted to satisfy the thirst of their dominant libido. But after the accident, something had shook the bowl of realization within me. Though, I wasn’t certain if it made me believe about love. My perspective about it was still the same. There was no way would I define love as the powerful feeling and unyielding affection of a  particular person to others unless I would experience it on hand. On my mind, I predicted that love was just a word they tried to ensconced with the word ‘lust’. A thinking of a person that he or she could get a 10,000 times of pleasure from that special person than the normal rate of it was pathetic.

But looking at the woman who seemed to oblivious about Jillianne in front of me made me realize how wasteful my life was. She scoffed and walked at my side. She suddenly fell in the abyss of silence when she looked at Jillianne who was now in front of me.  Ariellè looked down as she moved away but before she could make the next step, I reached for her hand to stop her. Jillianne looked at my hand that coiled around Ariellè wrist.

“Good thing you already remember me,” Jillianne uttered and walked at my side, blocking my view of Ariellè, “Excuse me.”

My heart walloped my chest when Ariellè pulled her hand. I tried to look at her but Jillianne followed my line of vision just to block my view. I glared at her but before I could utter any word, Ariellè’s sweet voice shook my entire entity.

“S-sige, Alexis. May bisita ka pala.” Her voice was calm and almost a whisper.

“Ariellè—”

“Hey,” I was cut off when Jillianne talked, “How are you?”

“Jill,” I pushed her lightly so can I see, “Arielle wait—”