8

Jarrett woke up the next morning feeling better than yesterday. His dad was sitting on the couch, happy to see him awake.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"I feel better," Jarrett said, "My head still hurts a lot though,"

"It will get better," Isaac said.

"I hope so," Jarrett said.

The doctor came in the room, after they heard that Jarrett was awake. They walked in with a whole bunch of machinery.

"We just need to run a few tests really quick," the doctor said.

"Okay," Jarrett said.

It took around a half hour to run all the test. When they were all done, the doctor had good news.

"The concussion has improved since last night," the doctor said, "He is good for release. He needs to recover for a few days before returning to school, and he needs to stay away from physical activity until his ribs are healed,"

"That's amazing," Isaac said.

"Here's a wheelchair for when you guys are ready," the doctor said.

Isaac packed up all the things they brought to the hospital, and started to wheel Jarrett out of the room. They said goodbye to the hospital, and started to head towards the car. Isaac put all their belongings in the trunk and helped Jarrett into the front seat. He then took the wheelchair back into the hospital.

They started to drive off. When they took a different turn than to the apartments, Jarrett got confused.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"To the courthouse," his dad said, "your mom is being tried for what she did yesterday,"

"She needs to go to jail," Jarrett said, "she's a monster,"

"I agree Jarrett, I agree," Isaac said.

They arrived at the courthouse. The two stepped out of the car and walked up the front steps. They could see most of Molly's family looking worried. Isaac's family was also there.

They walked in the courtroom and saw Molly sitting there in an orange jumpsuit and her foot handcuffed to the table. They sat down in the front row for around 10 minutes until the judge walked in the room and sat down in his chair.

"This is case number #858492, Molly Mitchell," the guy said to the judge.

"Mrs. Molly Mitchell," the judge said, "Is it true that you beat your son unconscious on October 25th?"

"Yes," Molly cried.

"Did you beat your son on purpose?" the judge asked.

"He came out as gay yesterday. I did not raise my son like that," Molly said.

"Do you know of his injuries?" the judge asked.

"No, I do not," Molly said.

"Can I have witness Isaac Mitchell come up to the stand please,"

Isaac got up out of his seat and went to the witness stand. He was nervous.

"Sir, can you explain to the court your son's injuries," the judge said.

"Your honor," Isaac said, "Yesterday the doctor said that my son suffered a major concussion and a few broken ribs,"

"Did you witness Molly beating your son?" the judge said.