Doctor's Appointment

The idea of going to the mall was Kise's idea.

Ever since Tetsuya saw his mother on television, he had been asking silently to the others to turn them on whenever he can and the only ones who were able to say no to his request were Midorima and Akashi.

Kise thought bringing the kid to the mall would distract him and they agreed to take the toddler on the day where everyone would be available to tag along. But Akashi made other plans for the toddler and had them agree to take Tetsuya to Takao first for his pediatrics check-up. They didn't need to be told twice and be reminded how fragile Tetsuya's state was and his inability to speak was one reminder for it.

"Well, he looks fine," Takao said after Tetsuya's check-up. "Still the usual problem, but he's learned to tell you his needs?"

Akashi nodded as Kise took Tetsuya from the pediatric bed. "He mostly just points at things and tugs on our pants if he wants something," he said.

"How about his sleeping pattern?" Takao asked.

"We're taking turns in babysitting him," Midorima said, "But... he mostly just plays in the morning then after lunch he'll start to take a nap and wakes up for dinner and sleep again for the night,"

"That's normal considering he's a growing child," Takao said then snorted as he failed to suppress a burst of laughter.

"Is there anything funny?" Midorima asked, glaring at Takao.

"Nothing at all, Shin-chan," Takao said, his voice breaking from the suppressed laughter. "It's just... I can imagine you trying to play with little Tetsuya here,"

Midorima sneered. "I am capable of taking care of children," he said.

"Yeah, right," Takao said, "Isn't that why you became a Trauma Surgeon in the first place? Because you said you could handle blood and broken bones more than children?"

"Not to be rude, but... we're starting to go off-topic here," Aomine said.

"Right, right," Takao said, "Uh... how about nightmares? Does he gets them regularly or every night?"

Midorima and Akashi exchanged looks.

"I haven't had the chance to sleep with him," Akashi said, "None of them told me anything about nightmares yet,"

"He had one the other night," Aomine said. "He... he was thrashing in his sleep the other night and Kise told me the other day that Tetsu got out of bed because of a storm. The kid was freaked out by the lightning and thunder and eventually started crying,"

Takao nodded understandingly. "Well nightmares, as I said before, will be expected from him. I'd be confused if he won't have nightmares considering what he'd been through. As for the lightning and thunder, it's normal for kids to be afraid of them since some adults are even spooked out by it. But, you have to watch that and try to keep him at bay because it might develop into a trauma which might make his recovery harder," he said.

"None of you told me about this," Akashi said.

"We were thinking of telling you but... half the time you aren't around and the other half you're locking yourself in your office," Aomine said. "Some brother you are,"

Akashi glared at Aomine.

Midorima stood up from his seat. "If that will be all, Takao, we must take our leave," he said, breaking the rising tension between the two guys. "We still have a lot to do today,"

"Sure," Takao said then escorted them out where Kise and Murasakibara were keeping an eye on the cyan-haired toddler who was fascinated by the colorful fishes in the aquarium.

"Is this your first time seeing fishes, Tetsuya-cchi?" Kise asked, making Aomine hit him lightly on the head.

"Baka, of course, he'd seen fishes before," Aomine said. "Now, come on. The others are leaving us behind,"

"They won't leave Tetsuya-cchi behind," Kise said.

"No they won't, but they won't hesitate to leave us," Aomine said, "Now come on, grab Tetsu and let's go,"

"Waah! Wait, Aomine-cchi!" Kise said as he carried the cyan-haired toddler who seems to be enjoying himself with the fishes and ran after Aomine.