Ch. 24

~Third person POV~

"Everything is falling into place," The Mad King says with a maniacal laugh. "I only need one last thing..."

"Not so fast!" yells a voice seemingly from nowhere.

"Hmmm? Is that Mogar I hear?" He chuckles.

"Yeah! Mad King you don't stand a chance! So surrender!" Mogar yells.

"Come down here and make me!" The King replies.

Mogar leaps down from the rafters above, landing silently several feet from the king. A low chuckle sounds in the room, followed by slow, sarcastic clapping. Mogar cocks his head, unsure of what the Mad King is trying to do.

"Wonderful Mogar! Great job! Really. I mean it." His smirk instantly falls. "That was beautiful." The clapping slows to a stop. "Now I am very busy, and you are getting in my way. So if you don't mind..." The Mad King spins around, pushing and unmarked button. Before Mogar can react the floor below him falls, dropping him into the darkness below.

"Well now, I do have quite a bit of work to do, so I'll see you later... sweet dreams, Mogar..."

~Mogar's POV~

"Nngh..." I slowly turn my head, wincing at the sudden sharp pain. My eyes fly open as the memories of what happened come back to me. How long have I been here? Where is here? I lift my head, ignoring the pain and look around. Complete darkness surrounds me, not a single ray of light enters the room. Great. I close my eyes. I need to focus. Taking a deep breath, my eyes fly open. The darkness fades and I can see. I laugh.

"Here I come, Your Majesty."