Prologue

Her breathing comes out as pants as she zigzags her way through the dark building. Occasional thunder and lightning illuminate the room but create no difference in her raging mind. Outside the wind howls the same way her distressed, pounding heart.
The weather screams an impending disaster. The clock somewhere in the hall has just struck 12 a.m.

         Naysa runs up the stairs. Panting, grasping every little oxygen that comes her way. Her feet almost glide over the smooth marble floors. She still can hear growls, distant yet prominent. Sweat beads create a horrid outline to her oval face.

Almost jumping into the first room in sight, she secures the lock behind her. Deep breaths rock her body as she tries to calm herself down. Her ears strain to hear any dangers advancing towards her.

Tick..tick..tick..

That's the clock. She thinks.

           Nothing.

A sigh passes her throat as relief pours down her soul. She is safe.

       But it's not what fate wants.

Thunder strikes at the moment and she sees the dreadful creature right in front of her.

Horrified, she runs towards the door, trying to unbolt it as fast as she can. In an instant, a hand pulls her back away from door, from her freedom.

She could feel it tightening around her throat. She struggles, throwing her hands and legs, but no avail. The unknown assaulter continues to torment her body.

"Wha- wha- do you want..."
Naysa says grasping for air.

The hold is relieved but her freedom is short lived.

"You. Naysa. You." A strange misty figure appears in front of her.

That's all she sees before the dark figure lunges at her, its slimy claws running through her flesh and metallic smell of blood flooding her senses.