Unwritten

I look for you in all the places I go, and maybe some day I’ll find you. You long for something deep, and it seems to echo within the caverns of your soul; like a haunting song that never ends, and you are left to dance a lonely dance. If I could, I would find my way to you, hoping to soothe those pangs of your heart, to make you remember the soul that you are. If I could, I would change the song and let you leave this dance floor. If I could, I would take your hand, and walk with you to a place that was good. If I could, oh god, if only I could. I can’t sing you any song, or paint you a pretty picture. I can’t climb a mountain or grab the moon. But I can say the things that have been locked inside my heart; and I want to say all these unwritten words that I have kept secret, to you. Your eyes remind me of all the summers that broke my heart, and your smile sings a million untold songs to my soul. Your happiness makes me happy, and your sadness makes me sad. You are the dearest stranger I have ever met, and I am in desperate need to know you, to touch you, and to love you. What can I do, that will make you feel the same? I wish I was brave enough to say hi, to journey those miles to you, but I am not; and I fear I never will be. Maybe, just maybe, this love I have will make me brave, and we’ll have a journey of our own, to the ends of the earth and back.

- Todd B. LaBerge,
Unwritten Letters To You