No pulse

"Copy that, we're going in."

Celine couldn't really understand if Mouse or Deano had answered, but that was the least important thing at the moment. Her eyes wandered between the two lifeguards who were quickly in the water paddling towards the three people and the drowning person.

One of them was going under and Deano and Mouse were still far away from them! Man, the girl really hated when such things happened...

"How do you even communicate with those who are doing a rescue? They need to hurry since one of them has just gone underwater." Her question wasn't meant for any of them in particular: she was just on the edge of her nerves.

"We can't. I'll tell Mario to reach them on the jet ski." Answered Whippet, before radioing the Italian lifeguard. "There are three people in trouble and one went under up at North Bondi. Deano and Mouse are on their way there, but go help them, Mario!"

At least they would be able to take one person each and the third could be brought to shore by Mario. The Italian answered briefly and directed the jet ski up to North Bondi and helped Mouse and Deano. The yoga teacher was the one who took the drowning man out of the water and, as he wasn't breathing and there was no pulse, he gave the sign for resuscitation.

Celine started shaking at that sign: that reminded her when her dad had the accident and... when he died, together with her mom.

"They... need the defibrillator."

She managed to say while biting her lower lip. She could feel the looks of both Bisho and Whippet on her shaking body, but the girl didn't say anything. Bisho stood quickly up, took the walkie talkie from her hands, in fact, that was his, and gave her another one. He then quickly got the defib and rushed out of the tower, hopping on the Rhino which had been brought there so that he could reach the case of resus, in a small amount of time.

- There is no pulse! - Crackled her and Whippets radio, but Celine didn't really hear it: it was like a sound far away, that came padded to her ears and suddenly, when she blinked, she wasn't in the lifeguard tower. She was laying down on a street, she couldn't open her eyes, but Celine felt her body ache everywhere. The girl wasn't breathing on her own: there was a mask on her face.

"Can you hear us? Don't answer, just try to squeeze my hand if you understand."

Celine was confused but she tried and squeezed the man's hand as strong as she could. She heard the same man tell her that it was okay, she did a great job and she should try to open her eyes. Celine tried to do as she was told, and her eyelids flickered while the bright light made her squeeze her eyes shut because it was hurting them.

"Maman... père... où sont-ils? Où?"

Even though her chest was aching like hell Celine tried to sit up, but she was constricted in some strings. Only then she opened her eyes and understood that she was on a spinal board. Wincing in pain she tried to look around and met the gaze of a paramedic, who was in charge of her.

"We will take you to the hospital. My colleagues are taking care of your parents."

Celine wasn't even listening anymore: she could hear a faint count from 1 to 30 and the sound of someone being shocked, then the count started over and over again, but it was all in vain. She was brought away on the ambulance and was given oxygen another time as she started breathing heavily because of panic.

"Ohi... Celine!" 

The french girl got away from the flashback she just had: Whippet was looking worried at her and had the hands on her shoulders before stopping shaking her.
Celine didn't say anything, nor did she watch the lifeguard in the eyes. She could feel tears rolling down her cheeks, but she didn't want to dry them. She felt Whippet hand raising gently her chin so that she would look at him and she forced herself to do it.