Don't Look Now

Waiting. That's all I can do. Wait. I sit here and wait. Not knowing what's going on outside this cell, this prison where I sit and beside the physical beatings, I mentally torture myself.

All I can think of is being back with my family. My children. I've seen my babies face's once. Their blue eyes so bright like their father's. Their tanned skinned from my Hispanic background. My boy and my girl. Oh and how I miss their father.

I still don't know if he got the last part of my message and it worries me. If he didn't, he has no idea what he is walking into. If he did, he does know what he is walking into and is still going to do it, but alone.

I can't stop thinking about the book Elijah had, the one about Yin and Yang Wolves. How would a rogue like him get his hands on it? How did no one else know that this book existed, especially Ryder and I? What all does this book say about us? I already know Elijah is using the book against us, to gain our power. I'm not exactly sure we have to be alive for that though.

I sit in my cell continuing to think to myself for hours on end, or at least it feels like that. My wrists are infected and there is blood all over my arms, legs, face, and clothes. Being in a windowless room, I can't tell how long I've been here. I could estimate, but it would be wrong since a second in here feels like forever.

I fight against my restraints, using what strength I have left to try and free my self. I pant heavily and pull ferociously once more. I have to save them. I have to get out of here. I almost cry with relief when the chain holding my arms rips from the walls. The sweet and bitter pain of having my arms by my sides was something I wish I could relish in. 'Come on, Jasmine. A little more help.'  I plead to her, all I had to do was get my ankles free.

I pull and pull, but it feels futile. Suddenly, I feel Jasmine's presence again and she takes control of my hands, rips the chain from around my wrists and ankles, then once again she's gone, pushed back by gallons of silver and wolvesbane. 

I stumble to my feet when I smell the familiar scent of Allen, one of Elijah's guard, sent to give me water once a day. I glance over at the desk where Elijah returned the book and in a moment's decision, run over and break open the drawer, tucking the book in my pants. I move back to the other side of the room as I hear Allen stop in front of the door. I stand beside the door, in the shadows. I listen as the locks disengage, "Time for your water, bitch." The door pulls open and he walks in. I quickly and silently as possibly move behind him, into the open doorway. I back up into the hallway and slam the door. "What the hell?!" I quickly engage the various locks as muffled banging and yelling starts up from the other side.

I can't believe that worked. 'Me either.' I smile, 'Jaz, you're here?' 'I think they were poisoning us with the water. You didn't take it today.' I nod to myself in understand. It makes sense. I couldn't survive without water, so spike the only thing to keep me going.

I look side to side, seeing an endless hallway. I pick the right and start running as well as I can. I keep running, making random turns, having no idea where I'm going. I take a sharp left and am met with a staircase. The second I place my foot on the step, an alarm starts sounding. I guess they found Allen, he's an asshole anyways.

I use the bar to pull myself up the stairs, becoming wearier the more I move, but I know I can't stop now. When I reach the top the ringing of the alarm is louder, but somehow I can still hear the voices of people to my right. I snap my head over and see three of Elijah's men walking down the hall, looking as though they are searching for something, probably me.

As I think that, one of them looks up and spots me. "There she is!" I take that as my cue to haul ass. I take off to the left, making the first right, then the next left, and then another right. I  can hear them yelling to one another, "Where is she?" "Fuck she's fast!" "There!" I panic and take another left, but it turns out to be a dead end. There are two doors, so I open the one closest to me, the right one.

The room is dark, but apparently it's daylight and I'm above ground now. The gaps in the blinds lets very limited light into the room, but I continue to feel around the room. Trying to find somewhere to hide or a way to get out. I reach out and immediately regret that, pulling my hand back to my chest. I suck on my finger, the taste of iron filling my mouth. I cautiously move forward and squint my eyes.

I reach out again, but this time I touch wood. I pick up and lean to the light. The light shows me that I am holding an axe. "I'm telling you she went this way." I go behind the door, wielding the axe tightly. "You check that hallway, I'll check this one."

The door across the hall opens and few minutes later, it closes. Footsteps come to the I'm next to, I squeeze the handle tightly and take a deep breath as the door swings open. As it swings open, I swing the axe with my eyes closed. I hear nothing, but the axe stops midair.

"Jade?"

My eyes spring open and take in the person who is hold the handle of the axe I swung, trying to keep the blade of the weapon away from their face. Two more inches and they would have failed.

"Oh my God, Aaron!" I drop the axe and rush into his open arms. He hugs me tights, "We've missed you so much, Jay." He smells so much like home that I just start sobbing. He rubs my back soothingly, "We've got you now. Come on, let's get out of here." I nod and wipe away my tears. Aaron kisses my forehead and grabs my hand. He takes the lead and starts leading me out of the base, which according to him, I've been in for a week.

As we get to the entrance, I start seeing a few scattered pack members. They smile if human and nod their heads if wolf.

When I see the heavy metal doors, I know that's the exit. I know because that's when I can feel him. I know he is right on the other side of that door. Jasmine perks up and I start walking, well limping at this point, faster. At least I try to. Aaron, grabs my arms, refusing to let me go farther.

I frown, "What?" Aaron glances around, "I was given orders to find you and to keep you safe." I roll my eyes, "Then get me the hell out of here." Aaron looks down sadly, "Jade, right now, the safest place is inside."

My eyes go wide when I realize what he means. "Aaron what the hell is going on out there?" Aaron looks between me and the doors, like he's searching for an answer that could justify it. "Aaron!" He sighs heavily, "War."

I gasp and take a turn for the door. Ryder is out there. My family is out there. And I'm here.

Once again Aaron grabs me. I growl, another sign of Jasmine, "Let go, Aaron." "Jade, it's not safe. I have orders." My eyes flare silver and Aaron's grip loosens, but he doesn't let go.

"Aaron, as your Luna Queen, I command you to release me." I let out the power I feel building with what anger I have against the whole situation. I can see him trying to fight it, but he bows his head and releases my arm. I make my way to the door and heave it open.

War. Chaos. Destruction.

My eyes scour the field, searching for one target in the moment, my eyes frozen when they find what they are searching for.