Chapter 23: She Will Be Loved

Alaina was bent over doing seesaw rows with kettlebells

Alaina was bent over doing seesaw rows with kettlebells. The swell of her cheeks under the leggings was tempting. I whistled as I approached her from behind. "Damn, what a view!"

"Do I look like Liv to you?" she snapped, trying to play hard to get while doing a very bad job of it by bending lower than before.

"No, and I'm glad because you're prettier."

"Beauty is subjective. All three of us are ugly as fuck to someone out there," she strained out before dropping the kettlebells."I don't know about you but that's it for me."

"Yeah, I just wrapped up. Let's hit the showers," I followed her as she led the way.

"Where are you going?" she paused before pushing the door open.

I motioned to the sign on the wall. "It's a co-ed locker room."

"That explains a lot," she rolled her eyes. "I was wondering why you picked this random gym over Gold's or LA Fitness. And before you get any ideas, we're going to be in front of others so keep your eyes, hands or comments to yourself because in there I'll have female witnesses to back up my sexual harassment claims if I decide to take it to trial."

Despite everything that's occurred over the last week, we were getting along. I didn't want to ruin our friendship because it was better having her in my life as a friend than not at all but deep down it was killing me. Although I enjoyed our relationship I think I was in denial about how dysfunctional things were but still now, more than ever, I was determined to work my way back into her life and try to fix things. The last few days on the road proved that she still wanted me even through her glares, eye rolls and hair flipping.

After stopping at the hotel to check in, we arrived at the arena at around 3.

"Lay, I know that I've been an idiot and I know why you ended things. I can tell you all I want that things will be different next time but that's not going to be enough, at least not for someone like you. I have to show it. Show you that you can trust me and that I will bend over backwards for you if I have to."

She sighed and I could already tell that my plea fell on deaf ears. "Elias, I hear what you're saying but how is this going to work?"

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out. Just give me another chance and if I fuck this one up, you can kick me to the curb for good."

"I already kicked you to the curb for good," she leaned back against the headrest and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry but relationships are meant to be joyful and being with your other half should make you feel happy, secure, warm, fuzzy and all that other crap inside. I did feel that way when I was with you but there was also this emotional rollercoaster of intense ups and downs. I don't want to sit around wondering when the next time something's going to go wrong between us. I'm just kind of over it right now and you need to respect my decision."