Crash Into Me

Gratsu Week 2019, Gratsu Bingo 2019

Prompt: Flying

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters belong to Hiro Mashima

"Oh for Mavis' sake, will you just make a move already?" Erza muttered in exasperation as she watched the painfully obvious longing on Gray's face as he and Natsu engaged in one of their never-ending arguments.

"I know, right? It's ridiculous," Lucy rolled her eyes as she watched their friends from the relative safety of their table.

"Natsu loooooooves him," Happy commented from his spot next to Erza.

Erza looked down at the Exceed in surprise, "Wait, you mean Natsu too?"

Happy nodded eagerly, covering his mouth with his paws as he giggled.

"Isn't that who you were talking about?" Lucy peered over at Erza with interest.

"No, I was talking about Gray," Erza explained, "But if Natsu likes him too I see no reason why we shouldn't give them a little push. We are teammates, after all."

"More like they have no chance in hell of getting together on their own," Lucy snickered, and Happy joined in knowingly.

"What should we do?" Erza wondered aloud, knowing this wouldn't be simple. Both boys were prideful and stubborn, they couldn't just set them up on a blind date, or send them off on a mission and force them to share a room and hope for the best. No, they'd have to try something more creative. For this to work, they'd need to get them out of their comfort zones.

"I have it!" Mirajane exclaimed, making both girls jump in their seats. Where in the world had Mira even come from?

"What?" Mirajane grinned," You were about to matchmake, and you didn't think I'd want in?" Her eyes twinkled with excitement. "Here's what we'll do..."

Xxx

"Erza, why the hell did we have to get up so early? It's not even light out," Gray complained loudly. He hadn't even had a chance to have a cup of coffee. "Where are we going?"

"This will be fun!" Erza smiled, but something in her eyes made Gray think that whatever she was up to would be anything but. She'd been acting strangely the past few days, paying way more attention than usual to him and Natsu, and Lucy had been asking him lots of questions.

Oh shit! There was no way they could know his secret, could they? He'd been so careful. His heart raced as he wondered what on Earth his friends could be up to and how much pain he could come to expect if he made a run for it while he still could.

They continued to walk in the dark until they reached an open field. There was a large object there. He didn't know what else to call it. It had a basket at its base that appeared to be tethered to a massive piece of fabric. It looked vaguely like some sort of enormous balloon as it lay flat on the ground behind it.

As soon as they arrived, the fabric began to fill with air. Within a few minutes, it was floating above the basket in all its brightly colored glory. Gray was starting to get a bad feeling about this. He noticed a man he didn't recognize walking around it, making adjustments and setting it up.

"Erza, what's going on, and what is that thing?"

"Why do you look so suspicious?" Erza tried to sound innocent, but she couldn't really pull it off, especially not when she was so clearly up to something.

"Erza?" Gray prodded.

"Fine, fine, if you don't want to be surprised, I'll tell you," Erza grinned, her eyes full of excitement as she looked at the contraption that Gray had already begun to call a death trap in his head.