1

Luci drove in the blue pickup truck driving towards the airport.

She looks over at the young girl sleeping, she sighed as she checked over her for injuries again. Luckily she didn't have a single scratch on her. She looked back at the road stopping at a red light. She touched the wedding rings that belonged to her niece's parents, that hung from a necklace around her neck. As she recalled what happened a few hours ago.
Flashback-----
After her soulmarks appeared, Cass had passed out from the pain and heartbreak. Luci had picked her up and took her to her truck. She then went to her niece's house to gather her clothes, family photos, and important documents. All the while she cried silently for her family that had died. She quickly took the wedding rings from her sister and brother-in-law. Knowing they would be a memory.

After getting everything she stood in front of the bodies and using her magic she opened up the earth and buried the remains of her family. Not leaving a single trace behind.

End of flashback ----

They finally arrived at the airport, Luci gently woke her niece up. As Cass woke up from her slumber and looked around. Luci saw how Cass's eyes were void of emotions, she sighed sadly noticing that the cheerfulness and a hyperactive girl she once knew was gone, crushed. She felt horrible about what her niece had experienced. Something that no child should ever experience. So she decided that she would try to help her find happiness again, no matter how long it took. To also help train her powers so she can learn to become stronger using them.

They got out of the truck and got there bags. They headed inside and Luci got two plane tickets. After they went through security.

Cass sat in one of the seats when her aunt approached her.

" Where are we going?" Cass asked her aunt.

" We're heading to New York, it's going to be a long ride, you want anything to eat? " Luci asked

" No that's alright, Maybe later," Cass said flatly while looking down at the floor.

Luci looked down at her sadly and headed to one of the restaurants to pack some food.

They boarded the plane a few minutes after Luci got their food. They put away their bags and Cass sat down next to the window.

When the speaker announced that there about to fly the plane everyone got their seatbelt on.

The plane flew up and into the clouds, Cass sat stiffly, her elbow on the windowsill, her chin on her hand. As she stared at the fluffy clouds, she could still hear the shrieks and wails of her family in her mind. A tear fell down her cheek as she watches the pure white clouds go by.

_________

" We have arrived in New York City, enjoy your stay" the pilot announces through the speakers.

They both got out of the plane, the security, and tailed a taxi. Luci directed the cab to an apartment that she had bought on short noticed while they were on the plane.

Cass just sat next to her silently in the cab, watching the city pass by solemnly, she misses her parents her family that she loved so dearly.

They arrived at the apartment, it was a tall huge building. Graffiti painted the walls, people passed by in the main room. They walked over the elevators and entered, along with a mother and a young girl about Cassidy's age.