Chapter 5 / interlude

4000 years earlier.

God pressed the dials on the ultrasonic scanning terminal, but the results weren't coming in clear. The sonic density of the petrastone was too low, and the readings were eerily skeletal. None of the techniques of scanning form or shape into a usable format were able to replicate the correct shape of the crystal armour that made up his body. He knew his plan. He needed more bodies.
The petrastone is unique, it doesn't react to standard techniques of scanning properly. He had tried every technique from before petrastone was discovered. The petrastone is unique! His mind started racing. I could fill the body with Thauma, and store the energy field, then generate an inverse field and use that to mold the shape in. He ran over to the 'frozen petra' block, began filling his body with Thauma from a nearby energy panel, and waited until he was entirely filled with the energy. He stood in the straightest pose he could, and quickly transferred the energy into the petrastone block, with the touch of a finger. He at last reached down and pressed the button that activated the lighting particles infused into the block. And before him was the glowing shape of a brilliantly crafted armour. A perfect replica. It would be just like moving into the first body, but he would have more of them. And if a body was destroyed, he would live on.