Monster

A/N: Hey there, readers... It's been such a long time since I logged onto this account. I sincerely apologize for leaving the last chapters here on a cliffhanger. I honestly didn't realize how many people enjoyed this story and wanted an update. I haven't had motivation to complete this story since I dropped it a few years ago, but seeing everyone who wants it finished has made me want to try and finish it once and for all. No promises on how long that might take, since like I said it's been quite a few years since I've picked up this story. But for now, I wanted to update with the rest of the chapters that I had completed beforehand (from around the time "Played" was completed to 2014...). There's 12 chapters total from back then that I never uploaded here that I'll post now. I will try my best to write something new to finally finish and complete the story soon.

Thanks so much again for all the support. 

WARNING: There will be graphic violence/torture featured in this chapter and morbid themes in following chapters. If you are not comfortable with these please feel free to click away from the story. 

--------------------

A familiar sight awaited the ghost boy as he groaned from somewhere deep within himself. His brain was jogged suddenly by alertness, and his eyes fluttered open slowly, laser green in appearance. He had to blink several times before the sensation of seeing a thousand blurry colors finally began to heal. He managed to push his eyelids further up and see clearly now, but who stood before him nearly stopped his ghostly heart.

"V-Val..." He couldn't find the words. He suddenly felt an enormous sensation of exhaustion. "What-?" He cut himself off, unable to speak from the effort. In a few moments time, he would most likely catch his breath and be able to protest, but for now, he was stuck with his silent tongue.

She was smirking at him, unable to contain the victorious mood she held inside her system. "Nice of you to join me, Sleeping Beauty." Danny didn't answer, but watched her carefully. A downward glance reminded him that while her ghost ray had gone off before everything went black, he had changed into Danny Phantom in an attempt to fly out of range. Unfortunately, his plan had not worked. The last thing he remembered was falling onto hard concrete and then fading to blackness...

Valerie seemed to be tinkering with a few mechanisms nearby, and as she did so, Danny looked around silently to see where he was. Typical. He was at the small makeshift lab she had taken him to not too long ago, after she had delivered Danielle to Vlad. She had been torturing him for information about the ghost zone then, but something told Danny that she wouldn't be questioning him for help anymore, but simply for answers.

That smirk hadn't left her face, not even as she walked towards him with something that was in the shape of a Y. Obviously, it was made to cause pain to ghosts, but as Danny was wondering to himself what it could possible be for, he received a nasty shock that issued from the end of it. He screamed in agony as Valerie continued to sting him with electromagnetic pulses. "S-stop!" He cried, finally feeling his voice return to him.

"Why should I, Phantom? You never did," said the ghost hunter coldly.

"Valerie, when have I ever hurt you?" Danny asked truthfully. His voice was quiet, and as soon as the word 'you' left his mouth, he began panting desperately for air. Valerie had stopped shocking him for the time being, but it was only a matter of time before she remembered he wasn't here for nothing.

Ignoring his reply, she said, "You can't escape, and telling more lies won't get you anywhere."

Danny sighed heavily. "I told you why I had to back there."