one

"Yes mom, I landed safely. No-- nobody's forcing me to say I'm okay. If I'd been kidnapped I wouldn't be on a call with you right now. Yes, I know-- can we call later? I'm in the middle of unpacking. I love you too. Bye."

I clicked the red button on my screen to end the call and continued taking out my belongings from my suitcase.

"You okay hun? Do you need help settling in?" I look up to see my aunt holding cut up fruit in a bowl by my doorway. I insist, making her sigh. "You're just like your mom, always doing things on her own."

She sets the bowl on top of my new empty dresser. "You've grown up so well, I still can't believe how beautiful you are now."

My aunt wasn't the only one who couldn't believe it. I'll be honest with myself, I was really ugly the last time I came to Korea. I'm happy with how I look these days.

"Oh, do you remember Kim Taehyung? He went to the same school as you before you moved!"

It took me awhile to recall how he looked, but I finally got an image and nodded my head. "Yeah! Brown hair, small body, kinda lanky as a kid. We were bestfriends but we stopped talking after I moved to America."

"You won't believe it y/n." I scratch my head and stare at my aunt. "What is it?" She looks out the window and looks back at me. "Remember how Taehyung lived right across from my house? He still lives there!"

My eyes widen. Kim Taehyung has been living there for years now-- But why?

"Is he outside?" I ask my aunt who's now been distracted by her cute little Pomeranian named Yoonie. "Yoonie, paw! Aw you're so cute baby!~" I roll my eyes and continue to get myself settled into my room.

·····

I took a nap after unpacking, but since I landed so early and had enough stamina to unpack everything, I woke up at 3 in the afternoon.

Yoonie entered my room, dragging his leash with his little paws and barked.

You want me to take you on a walk? But you don't know me?

I shrugged it off and put on a comfortable but stylish outfit to take Yoonie on a walk. I attached his leash to his collar and made my way to the outdoors.

Despite his size, he was fast and strong. I had to find that out the hard way.

"Yoonie-- Calm down!" I yelled as he crossed the street, bringing me to a brown two storied house. He practically dragged me to the door and started barking.

"We can't be here right now-- Yoonie please stop." I picked him up and held him close so he wouldn't go crazy when we'd cross the street, but it had already been too late to turn around.

"Aunty! I'll be there in a moment!" A deep voice yells with pride.

The door opens, revealing a dark haired man with familiar features and a well built figure. He was tall and his eyes held the whole galaxy.

"Oh? You're not aunty.. But you have Yoonie in your arms." He pointed at the fluffy dog in my hands, then looked at me in the eyes. I finally knew who this was.

"Kim Taehyung?"

He furrows his eyebrows. "Do I know you?" I giggle with a flushed face, "It's y/n. Park y/n." His eyes widen, "Ah-! You got contacts! And you dyed your hair! You even--"

Taehyung stops himself and chuckles. "Come in, it's been awhile." He smiles kindly and lets me enter.

·····

We were settled with drinks and some snacks as we caught up with eachother. Yoonie stayed in Taehyungs lap comfortably, it seems as if he comes here often.

"Your skin cleared up well." He lifts his index finger up and points towards me, "Y'know you used to be really ugly back in-" I lower his hand. "It was a bad phase of mine." I burn up in embarrassment as I continue, "let us not talk about how ugly I was back then."

He nods and laughs with me. "So how long are you visiting for?" I scratch my head, "I just moved in with my aunt so I'm here until I feel like I want to leave. I plan on moving out of her house as soon as I get the money though."

Taehyung smiles "I'm actually trying to move out soon too since I've been living with my parents for too long. I have my eyes on this really nice apartment but I still need over half of the rent." I nod my head, "Good luck!"

We kept talking until the sun started to set. I found out that despite his lack of organization and cleanliness, he works retail at a mall nearby and gets paid nicely there. He's suggesting that I work at the mall too since there's many options I could choose from and would most probably get hired.

He walked me to my door just across the street and waited for me to get in. "Y/n." Taehyung called as I unlocked the door. I hum.

"Welcome back."