At the Moment

"You think you're so smart." Jon snarls and the wall behind Damian cracks. Damian glares at him.

"I'm brilliant," Damian says, his voice in a whisper.

"I thought you were dead." The wall cracks some more. "This isn't a joke. We're not kids anymore."

"I was dead," Damian says and without his permission, he lets out a shaky breath. The room stalled in silence.

It wasn't the worst way to go. Jon killing him. It'd prob- Damian's thoughts were interrupted when Jon's lips caught his. Jon's hand had slipped from the wall and gripped Damian close. Damian let the shock wash over him before smiling softly into the kiss and wrapping an arm around the kryptonian's neck.

When they parted both were breathing heavily. Both waiting for a reaction from the other.

"Ha!" Damian chokes out before wholeheartedly laughing, Jon raises an eyebrow at him and Damian puts a hand on Jon's chest, pushes and the taller man falls onto the bed with a crash.

Jon looks part scared, part confused, and half turned on. Damian jumps onto him and kisses him roughly and has to stop momentarily because he's still quietly laughing to himself. "Took you long enough."

Jon smiles lightly that sweet smile Damian has taken attraction to. "It only took you dying for me to get over myself."

Damian leaves small memories of kisses down Jon's neck. "Hm."

Laughter fills the room. And Damian can practically see colors. Sparks of yellow and purple. Everything was exciting now. The sense of belonging. Being wanted. Damian's never wanted to hold something like this before, never needed something to stay with him this much. And right now- his heart is playing jump rope.

Chronophobia and Gamophobia being pushed to the back of his head. Right now was Jon and him and that's all he could handle at the moment.