Ch 34

It was the next morning and I stretched my head pounding and I realized snotlout was beside me which made me smile as I remembered, foggily, our wedding. I sat up and looked about and realized this was neither spitelout nor my dads house. The craftsmanship was recognizable as well as the very large metal and red painted S above the bed. I got up and looked around going downstairs to find a kitchen and living space as well as a door. Opening it I found the same set up as at the edge for helping others get better. "Eira?" I heard snotlout calling and I ran to him. "I take it you like the house?" He said as I peppered his face with kisses. "It's perfect!" I said with a smile.

After a few days we returned from our honeymoon. And set about helping the villagers and making a place for ourselves in society. Today however was dragon racing day. Snotlout was racing as I cheered him on from beside spitelout. He managed to get a few. Shadowfang grumbled unhappily that he didn't get to race today. "He boy why don't we go flying ourselves later. It's much more fun than chasing a sheep right?" I asked and he hummed happily. "Did you talk to hiccup again dad?" I asked. "Yea then he took off. I want him to take over before I go so he has someone to show him the way." Dad said softly. "I know but hiccup is hiccup." I said as the race ended and snotlout landed before me. "How was that babe." He said smugly. "You were wonderful. Shadowfang and I are going for a flight before our shift starts." I said kissing his cheek.

I arrived back from my flight just as hiccup and Astrid did. They were chasing dad around and I looked at snotlout who shrugged. Then dad started shouting to get the dragons inside and grounded. "Dad hiccup what is going on?" I asked ducking around some of the others. "Astrid and I found some dragon trappers working for some dargo who had a dragon army and dad just flipped." Hiccup said as we ran through the isle through the fortified tunnels. "Hiccup!" Astrid started but hiccup kissed her cheek and left on toothless quickly followed by Astrid. "Eira you stay here while we get your foolish brother." Dad grumbled. "No I'm coming too!" I said as they all suited up. "Snotlout." Dad said turning to him. "Sorry chief but she's still kinda scary. And if she's mad the dragons are mad." Snotlout said with a shrug. "Hey!" I said pouting before getting on shadowfang and flying with the others.