chapter one

In the room at the end of the Hall on the second floor of the Jones house lived a teenage girl. Her name is Alec Jones. She is 16 years old. She is a thin tall girl, with short black hair that's just above her shoulders.
     She is laying in her bed scribbling on her homework when her mom walked into her room. Her mom was a tall blonde woman with long hair blue eyes and a bright smile.

"Alec honey dinner is ready. Please come down and eat with us." Her mother said as she looked at Alec with pleading eyes.

"Yeah mom I will be down...just give me a second to finish this equation and I will come down I promise." She smiled at her mother seeing as somehow she pleased her in a way she didn't understand.

     Alec was an interesting kind of teen. She was different. She liked school and liked learning new things. She liked Debate and she was a tutor. She wasn't one to go out and party. She didn't socialize much, she had one friend. Daniel, but Alec calls him Danny. They have been friends since kindergarten. They have been neighbors since Danny moved to Ohio the summer before kindergarten. 

"Thank you sweetheart. Hey maybe invite Danny over and he can eat with us." Mrs. Jones smiled and walked out the door not giving Alec the chance to say no.

     Alec tells Danny everything. They don't keep secrets from each other. Danny knows everything about Alec and Alec knows everything about Danny. Though Alec is the shy quite girl...Daniel Davis is the captain of the soccer team as well as the debate team. He is tall with lightly dusted dirty blonde hair. He would do anything for Alec.

"Well... I guess I will invite Danny over.." Alec thought out loud. As she picked up her phone and dials her best friends number into her phone. He picked up right away.

"Hey Al what's up?"

"My mother wants you to come over for dinner tonight... You home?" She asked as she put her work on her desk.

"Uh yeah I am... Just let me out some pants on and I will be on my way over." Danny laughed at how Alec didn't even try to sound enthused about the dinner with her parents.

"Oh yay... Sorry I am just tired and have a lot of work to do... And all she cares about is me eating dinner with the two of them." Alec rolled her eyes when she heard her friend sigh on the other end of the phone, knowing it meant she was gonna get a lecture.

"She just wants to spend time with you Al... And she means well.. Don't worry about it. I mean as long as you make conversation and act like you want to be there it will make them happy." Danny always knew how to make Alec feel comfortable with a situation. She never understood her feelings or other people's feelings... She is not like other teenagers.