Finally - 36

Ava's POV

Today is Saturday, almost over a week from the day I saw Carter or I thought I did. We went to the hospital and the doctor just told me that I was taking a lot of stress.

But everything felt so real...

Speaking of event I still don't know who it is with. Mr. Cooper explained to us that it was for a company's collaboration with our restaurant but whenever I would ask him what the name of the company is we would get interrupted. Today is finally the day the huge party is taking place.

I'm still in bed exhausted because of how much work I had to do this week. We had 7 days to get a grand party to organise, and I had to come up with ideas for the decorations and food which was not easy. I reached over to my phone which was sitting on my small nightstand. I switched it on and checked the time. It was almost 3 pm.

Oh my gosh I was so tired that I never knew that I overslept! The event starts at 6 pm and I need to be at the restaurant to do last minute checking on everything making sure everything was perfect. I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I stripped off my clothes and hopped into the shower for a quick shower.

Getting out of the shower I wrapped a towel around me and dashed towards my wardrobe and put on my dress that I picked yesterday for the party. I needed a dress for the party and Rose offered to let me wear one of her dresses.

I brushed my light brown hair and did a little bit of makeup, some brown eyeshadow and red lipstick. I glanced at myself in the mirror, I actually looked good. I'm not really pretty but this dress makes me look amazing. I got my heels and put them on. When I was ready I walked out of the room and to the living room.

I could see 2 heads just above the couch facing the TV as they're backs faced me. I walked closer to them and they heard me since they turned they're heads towards me. "Hey Noah and Rose." I said taking the remote off the table and switching off the TV.

"Oh my gosh Ava you look stunning!" Rose squealed as she got up from the couch and stood in front of me. "Thanks so much for letting me borrow this dress." I smiled at her and then I realised that Rose and Noah both were ready for the party as well.

"You both look amazing." I said as they both thanked me. "We got ready when you were sleeping." Rose said looking over at Noah who was know in between us. I picked Noah up in my arms and said. "Sorry I got a little tired."
Rose chuckled. "It's fine and we need to eat before we go to the party." I nodded and Noah squealed in excitement.

"Yay!! Party! Choces!"  Rose and I laughed and shook our heads at his expressions. Later we ate our food that Rose made which was spaghetti. However it was almost 4:30 so we had all decided to leave the apartment and get to the party since me and Rose have a lot of arrangements to deal with.

We are at the restaurant and I am arranging the tables and checking if the decorations were ready and luckily everything seemed to be fine.
I headed towards the kitchen to check on the food.

After checking up on everything I was making my way out of the kitchen since the guests were beginning to arrive. Someone nudged my shoulder. I turned around and saw Rose. "Hey Rose." I said to Rose cheerfully. "Hey Ava."
She said with a smile. I then realized that Noah wasn't there I had asked Rose to take care of him while I was busy arranging.

"Where's Noah? I can't see him here." I asked as I searched for him around the kitchen.
"Um...I don't know. I think he wanted to explore the place. I'm sorry I got busy with cooking that I didn't realise that he was gone." she said. "Rose! God knows where Noah might be now" I groaned.

"I'm sorry" she held her head low. "It's alright I better search for him before he goes missing." I said and turned around on my heels and went on the hunt for Noah.

He couldn't be very far can he? I just hope he is safe...

Carter's POV

Today is the day that I'll get her back and she is not going to leave me again. I sat down on my assigned seat which the waiters showed me as soon as I had arrived. It was in the front row just before the stage since I have to give a speech for the collaboration of both companies.

It is 8pm and the place is loaded with people. Jacob decided to come with me and is sitting beside me. Currently Mr. Cooper is presenting his speech about how great full he is about his restaurant working with mine and hopes the best for the future for both companies.

"I call on stage Mr. Nicholson!" Mr. Cooper announced and the whole room boomed with claps and laughter. I broke out of my thoughts and looked around dumbfounded. I felt Jacob nudged my shoulder lightly. "Carter he called you" he whispered pointing towards the stage.

I nodded and got out of my seat as I walked up onto the stage shaking hands with Mr. Cooper and he handed me the microphone so I took it out of his hands and began my speech. "I'm very great full to attend this event..." I rambled on my speech as everyone listened carefully and clapped every once and again.

I was about to conclude my speech with a goodbye but paused as I noticed a young boy with familiar blond hair in the crowd waving at me with a huge smile spread across his face. It was none other than Noah himself in the crowd standing on a small wooden table.

I looked around for Ava cause I know she is somewhere here but I couldn't find her anywhere. By the time I stopped looking around like a madman I realised everyone was looking at me confused. I turned my attention towards the audience then cleared my throat and proceeded my speech keeping an eye on Noah as he grinned and waved again at me.

"I would like to say a big thanks to Mr. Cooper for agreeing for this and also a big thanks for everyone listening to me." I finished off as the audience broke out with claps. Without a thought I hurried off the stage and was going towards Noah, I need to find Ava, she is here and I will get her.

I walked towards the table where Noah was standing on, he noticed me and climbed down the table carefully but stopped as a person grabbed his small hand. I couldn't make out who the person was cause him or her was wearing a hooded black coat.

Mr. Cooper came in front of me blocking my view of both of them. "That was a very nice speech Carter, I'm very happy to be finally meeting you since many years." he smiled and patted my shoulder. "Yeah I am too as well-" I got cut off by someone bumping into me and stumbling onto me. I grabbed their hands to help them steady themselves.

I glanced at the person and was happy to see the person I was searching for in front of me in my arms. Her eyes were the size of saucers when she saw me.

I finally found my Ava...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How was that chapter?

Any thoughts?

Who do you think was the hooded person?

I'll see you in the next chapter,
Until then byee :D