Yandere Kakuzu x Stalker!Reader

Happy Birthday, Kakuzu! This is a special edition for our special old man. We love you!

(15th of August)

He's here again. You can hear the back door creak, so you quickly sit up from the desk and start sprinting towards the office. Your guess might be wrong, but you take your notebook just in case.

Your father is a bounty collector. It's a well paid job, but you don't particularly enjoy spending most of your day in a poorly lit chamber hidden behind urinals. He's not exactly forcing you to stay there, as you can leave whenever you please. If you do leave, however, you might miss your favorite client, so your breaks are short. Sometimes you read old books. It's his favorite hobby, so naturally you must do your best to keep up. 

You first met Kakuzu a little more than a year ago.  Your father warned you to avoid being in his presence, as he can be rather dangerous when angered. Well, most of the people who frequented your bounty station were ruthless criminals, but your father seemed to regard Kakuzu with the utmost respect and fearful admiration. Unusual, so it intrigued you. 

On his first visit, he cautiously looked around before dropping the body on the table. Your father checked the face to confirm the identity and nodded before going to the next room to bring the money. 

"Quite the big fish you caught there", you observed with a bored look, resting your head in your palms. "You must be pretty strong, some of our regulars died while going for his head."

Kakuzu threw you a quick glance. "Are you also working here?"

What a strange eye color, you thought.

"Nah. I'm (Y/N), his daughter. I might take over the business one day. The smell can be annoying, but it's decent money."

He let out a faint, amused huff. You had the feeling that he was smiling underneath his mask and couldn't help but grin yourself. He definitely intrigued you. Your father returned with a suitcase, and you switched your gaze to a random wall while planning what archives to check in order to find more about this man.

Your curiosity slowly turned into a crush. The more you learned about Kakuzu, the more you fell in love with him. You checked libraries, asked around. You started cropping his photo out of bingo books, just so you could remember his face. There wasn't much information available about him, but you wanted to make sure that you wouldn't forget important details, so you started keeping a notebook. Whenever Kakuzu visited to drop another body, you carefully wrote down anything new that you'd notice: he always wears dark colors, he counts money with his left hand, but he seems to be right-handed, he cuts his bangs every three weeks, he briefly closes his eyes whenever something irritates him. You were quite disappointed when you found out he joined the Akatsuki; your detailed agenda of his outfits turned into repetitive, identical columns of "organization cloak".

So here you are now. Peeking inside the office room, you spot Kakuzu sitting on a sofa, complaining to your father about the latest partner. You take your pen out and quietly scribble.

"What are you doing there?" his deep voice startles you. You look up and subtly inhale to keep your composure, before narrowing your eyes in a smile.