2: the johnsons

The Johnson family consisted of Mr.Johnson, Marge, and Willow. Mr.Johnson worked in a nameless corporation, but he truly loved his job. A loss of identity never bothered the capitalist Mr.Johnson, as long as it allowed him to feed into the consumerist society he was so proud of. Marge (short for Margeret) was a herbologist that preferred the company of plants over humans. Willow still wondered how exactly her parents fell in love, but they seemed to be good at it, so she didn't bother spending too much time thinking about it. Willow didn't like humans much either, but she chose to pass the time with her motorcycle at Harvey's Auto-Repair shop over her mother's greenhouse. Mr.Johnson and Marge were proud of Willow's constructive hobby, and that was their sole reason for agreeing to partially finance Willow's purchase of her current Harley. It was certainly not to show off to their conceited neighbors how well they treated their child.

    "WILLOW," Marge screamed out, holding a piece of brown bread in one of her hands and a steel butter knife in the other. "Butter or peanut butter?"

    "Is the peanut butter still the organic kind?" Willow asked, popping her head out as she looked at her mom suspiciously.

    "Of course," Marge answered, rolling her eyes at her daughter.

    "Butter, then," Willow shrugged, slipping back into her room to pull on a pair of jeans. She caught her eye in the mirror as she walked out, shaking out her black hair from its ponytail. It fell over her face and she patted it down to tame it, too lazy to reach for her comb. She bounded down the stairs with a smile, taking her sandwich from her mother's awaiting hand and biting into it. She managed to finish it off as she grabbed her bag and her boots, giving her mom a quick kiss as she left her house.

    Her Harley was waiting for her in the driveway, the bright red glinting in the sunlight. Once she climbed onto it, it only took her five minutes and some hostile passes to reach school. She reached the building with six minutes before the bell was supposed to ring for homeroom, so she decided to go seek out some friends.

    "Chris!" Willow yelled out as she parked her bike. He made his way over to her after she called him, a smirk resting on his lips. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

    "I've been hearing that you've been busy this weekend," Chris laughed.

    "Busy doing what?" Willow questioned, confusion sweeping her features.

    "Not what. Who," Chris smiled. Willow was getting impatient, so she wrapped her fingers around Chris's wrist tightly, pressing sharply enough to cause him to gasp. "Okay, okay... word on the street is that you and Mason have been getting it on."

    "Me and Mason?" Willow seethed, not letting go of Chris's hand. "Who told you that?"

    "I just heard from the boys... you know, Weston and the other lacrosse guys?" Chris informed Willow, hoping he would get his arm back soon.

    "Weston?" Willow confirmed, anger bright in her blue eyes. "I need to go find someone."

And with that, Willow sped into the school, hunting for Mason. 

❧☙

    Her conversation with Mason hadn't provided much insight into the cause of the rumors, so Willow changed her tactics. The end of the day had finally arrived, so she made her way to Weston's locker. Because he hadn't reached his locker yet, Willow leaned against the cold metal wall, closing her eyes.

    "Tough day?" she heard Weston's voice ask.

    Her eyes fluttered open. "You have no idea."