Ordering pizza shouldn't be this hard. [Chapter 4 1/2]

Joe Inglich Tutor 📚✨: Barboncino Pizza is pretty good.

Me: thank you for the sugestion!! i'm soooo hungry and i here a lot of gud things abote new york pizza :D

I grab my bag and put the directions in Google maps because although New York is full with maps of itself I, in no way, plan to get lost (plus I pay for unlimited internet so obviously I'm gonna use that shit.)

The second I set foot out of my apartment complex the hairs behind my neck stand up. It's really windy outside and I'm slightly scared; maybe walking alone in the middle of the night in a foreign neighborhood I just moved into wasn't the best idea. I can't keep spending my money on ubers and taxis so I should just stop thinking so much and keep walking.

Women walk the streets of New York alone all the time, right? I'm not involved in drug or human trafficking so I should be fine and oh my god- I have awkwardly long eye-contact with a tecato and suddenly realize just how many homeless people are in New York; I feel both scared and sorry.

I wonder the rape statistics of New York and holy shit-! I could've just ordered fucking delivery!

My eyes stay on google maps and my feet go faster. I take a quick look at my notifications and I see Joe replied, I don't answer. Once I get to the pizza place I will but until then I walk and regret not bringing a coat.

I get sweaty by how fast I walked but it was worth it when I saw the Barboncino's Pizza sign.

I walk in and I'm sure it's obvious that I am extremely tired, I don't even let the worker talk, "Extra large, Supreme en Combo." He nods his head and I sit down, I should reply to Joe now.

Joe Inglich Tutor 📚✨: As a New Yorker, born and raised, I can confirm New York pizza is in fact, the best pizza.

Me: as a fud lover born and raised i wil in fact be the juge of that

Me: Alexandra the fud critic sounds nice doesn't it??

Joe Inglich Tutor 📚✨: I'll make sure to read up all the cooking books in the shop if I ever invite you over to eat at my house, don't want to disappoint Alexandra the food*** critic.

Me: oops, sorry.

Me: A L E X A N D R A T H E F O O D C R I T I C !!!!***

Joe Inglich Tutor 📚✨: Love the enthusiasm, Alexandra. Do you think it's too late to legally change your surname to 'the food critic' or are you not that committed to culinary criticism?

I had to google translate culinary.

Me: of corse!!! I am such a mene food critic gordan ramsey fears me, this pizza beter wash its back!

Joe was typing when "Extra Large Supreme Combo!" called my attention.

This is a big pizza, way way way too big for me.

I pay and thank the worker. I look at my phone again, 10:35 pm, there is no way I am walking back the whole way.

I look around to see if there are any taxis and to my bad luck there isn't, the only other thing that's not me found on the windy street is a guy on his phone. He looks like the exact reason I'm taking an uber instead of walking.

It took me a couple of seconds to realize

that's fucking Joe.