CARNIVAL

A few weeks passed and Ashley sat down at a crowded wooden picnic table licking her vanilla and chocolate swirl ice cream. Occasionally, she would look down at her phone to see that neither Jules or Rue had texted her. Around her people squealed and cried out in laughter. Every now and then a group of guys would pass her gazing longingly as her tongue slowly curled around the cream dessert. Her parents were at Rue's house having dinner. Being as though Ash hadn't been home in two days she had to get back to wash up and change. Tonight she was feeling better and wore a laced black bodysuit and high waisted jeans. She wore her hair half up in a bun and the rest out. The busy crowd parted as Lance walked through them too busy eating a cup of chili to notice. He sat down behind her, placed his chin on her shoulder, and wrapped his arms around her body so he eat his chili.
"You gotta try this man," Lance said bringing the spoon up to her lips. Ashley leaned back.
"Does it have beans?" She asked turning her head slightly to look at him. Lance chuckled and ate it himself.
"Yeah, I don't need your ass stinking up the car," he laughed.
"Yeah right," Ashley laughed. She leaned her body back onto Lance's large frame. Flashes of their two night escapade surfaced in her memory. Ashley shuttered and felt a soft pulse between her legs. Her phone vibrates in between her lap catching her off guard. She grabbed it and saw that it was Jules.
"Hey," Ashley said. Lance brought the spoon back around her face and made it fly around in her face.
"Where are you?" Jules asked out of breath.
"I'm by the food truck not far from the chili spot why?" Ashley said looking around.
"We lost Gia," So, they were here. Ashley took the phone away from her ear in disbelief.
"I'll help look," Ashley said hanging up. Lance kissed her neck before she stood.
"Where you goin'?" He asked scooping out the last bit of chili.
"Help find my friends little sister," Ashley rolled her eyes. She wasn't upset that she had to help find Gia. She was pissed because Jules and Rue we are here and hadn't checked in with her.  She texted them both the day before, asking if they were going to the carnival, but neither of the answered back. Lance stood and stretched making his tight cream shirt look as if it was going to rip down the middle. 
"Ard, Imma hit up Fez," he said beginning to turn.
"No!" Ashley grabbed his arm. The people around them shot glares.
"Why not?" He asked.
"F-Fez uh Fez isn't here," Ashley stammered. Lance and Fez didn't have the best of relationships. Last time they were together, doing an exchange, a fight broke out in the Fez's house and Fez ended up in the hospital. Lance looked down at her with his dark brown eyes. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his lips softly. Lance bit her bottom lip gently and grabbed her ass pushing her closer. She could feel him poking her from under his sweatpants.  Ashley grinned and pulled away.
"Call me," she said before walking away. Ashley pushes through the crowds and searched for a smaller version of Rue. I don't even know what she's wearing. Ashley bumped into a short high ponytail wearing Maddy who was red in the face. They stared at each other, for a moment, before walking away. The two girls pushed forward in their own direction.
"Gia!" Ashley yelled. She squeezed between a couple who decided to lock lips in the middle of the sidewalk.
"Gia!" Ashley yelled again.
"Gia!" Rue's voice floated above the crowd and landed on Ashley's ears.
"Rue?" Ashley shouted.
"Ashley?" Rue shouted from close by.
"Rue I'm over here!" Ashley stood by a nearby hotdog stand. Ashley saw the top of Rue's curly hair. As Rue began walking by Ashley grabbed her arm.
"Hey, did you find her?" Rue asked. The glitter under her eyes sparkled under the orange fluorescent light.
"No," Ashley said. Rue looked around before marching off. Ashley followed close behind. The two of them hollered over the crackling of the fireworks. They walked over to a quiet part of the carnival where a group of teens were sitting.
"I'll wait right here," Ashley said. She watched as Rue walked over. Ashley sniffed up the smell of a fresh funnel cake. A guy walked by with a plate of chicken tenders and fries. Ashley's mouth watered and she fought back the urge to find the nearest food truck. There was yelling and laughter before Ashley saw Rue walking back dragging a helpless looking Gia.

"We uh we're going to head home," Rue said. Ashley nodded her head and watched as Rue's eyes narrowed.

"What?" Ashley asked. Rue let go of Gia and stepped up to Ashley so that they were face to face.

"What the fuck is Lance doing here?" Rue snapped. Ashley started to say something but was cut off by Lance hooking an arm around her waist. Ashley mouthed "long story" and turned to walk away. She could feel Rue's cold glare on the back of her head. Lance led her towards the UFO ride.

"You and Rue friends again?" Lance asked. The line was short. The people already on the ride screamed and cried out into the air. Ashely placed a hand on her stomach before shaking out of Lance's grasp.

"I'm going to be sick!" Ashley managed to say before the mixture of lunch and ice cream came back up. Lance came up behind her and held her hair back.

"I'm gonna take you home," Lance said as Ashley hurled again. Her phone buzzed and she looked at it.

Rue Beaux: Emergency meet up tomorrow at lunch!

Jules: Ok.

Ashley: : (