Chapter 4

How far are we going tonight?

Her heart stopped for a second. Jimin is suspicious; this is not good at all. What if he makes Namjoon take his mask off? Her parents will recognize him immediately. The tension was growing between all of them and Y/N didn't know what to say. Jimin's eyes were throwing daggers at her and especially at the guy that was still holding her hand. Her mind was blank without any idea that could help them get out of this messed up situation.

"Guards! I saw someone sneaking into the treasure room! Hurry!" A high pitched voice screamed on the other side of the hall. Jimin looked up to see where the voice is coming from, unpleased that he has to leave just when he was about to get rid of this guy. "We will continue this later." He hissed and went together with guards to check the treasure room. A sigh of relief escaped their lips as they squeezed each other's hands.

"That was so unexpected." She said moving from the center of the dancing floor to the corner where the two guys that took Namjoon were standing. They were looking at them shocked like they didn't expect this kind of outcome.

"Nice to meet you, gentlemen." She said smiling to them and shaking hands first with Taehyung and then with Jungkook. "I suppose you are from Kim house as well." They both nodded.

"My name is Kim Taehyung, I am Namjoon's cousin." He said with his low voice. "This is Jeon Jungkook, he is a friend of our family." Jungkook bowed to her. "It's nice to properly meet you, princess." He was smiling brightly.

"Now, let's get you out of here." She could hear a female voice speaking from behind her so she turned around quickly. Her sight met with a pair of two chocolate brown eyes and a warm smile. "Sarah!" She exclaimed hugging her.

"We don't have time to be sentimental; the guards will notice that no one entered the treasure room." That was her! Of course, only she can come up with something that clever. She led them through the hallway to the back exit. There was already a carriage waiting for Namjoon and his escort. Jungkook hugged Sarah and kissed her hand. Taehyung has already gone inside the carriage and Namjoon was looking Y/N in the eyes caressing her cheek with his hand.

"Will we see each other again?" She asked visibly sad. Namjoon kissed her cheek and whispered into her ear. "I will see you tomorrow." He went inside the carriage together with Jungkook as Y/N and Sarah were waving at them. They disappeared in a few moments and two friends want inside the palace again. Y/N was so grateful to Sarah because of keeping her back not even knowing the situation. Friends like her are so hard to find, especially when you are a part of a royal family. They were once again in the great hall and half of the people have gone home already.

"Now, you will tell me everything when we get into your room," Sarah spoke but Jimin appeared in front of them blocking the way. He was still angry but tried to hide it to look as smooth as possible.

"Princess, I suppose we shall talk about the incident that occurred before. I will kindly ask Countess Sarah to leave if that's possible." He glared at Sarah, but she just smirked. She wasn't planning to let this go his way.

"I'm sorry, but the princess doesn't feel very well and she asked me to go with her to her rooms. She will have to politely decline your suggestion." Sarah took her wrist and pulled her beside Jimin who stood speechless staring at them. Sarah was quick and smart; no one can win an argument against her. She once again saved Y/N tonight from the same person. If her fiancé continues to sniff around like this, there will be a trouble.

They entered Y/N's room and sat on her big soft bed. Sarah asked the maid to bring them some tea to drink while they relax from the things that just happened. Sarah was patiently waiting for Y/N to start the story and she wanted details. Y/N sighed as a few tears escaped her eyes. "I can't do this." Her voice was shaking and so were her hands. Sarah took them in her hands trying to calm her down, but Y/N just bursted into tears and sobs.

"It's okay, let it all out. I'm here." It was hard to look at her friend crying, but she knew that she can't do anything if she doesn't know the whole story. "Just promise me that you will tell me everything. It won't be good if you keep everything for yourself."

Y/N nodded and wiped away her tears. "This has to stay a secret, no one can find out. The truth is just unbearable." Her voice was still unstable but she managed to speak. The maid went inside and gave them their drinks. Two girls smiled and thanked her.

"You know that truth hurts, but the secrets kill." Sarah spoke being wise as she always is.

"Sarah, you are my one and only true friend in here. You need to promise me that you will keep this secret with your life. This is serious." Y/N said quietly but still loud enough for Sarah to hear her. Her friend nodded her head. "Pinky promise."

"That guy was Kim Namjoon." The reaction that she got from Sarah was expected. She froze immediately when she heard that word, Kim. "I didn't know at first, but he too didn't know who I was. I was shocked when he told me, but then again he isn't like my parents were telling me he is. He is so calm and was nice towards me. He knew who I was but still stayed with me. I know that this, whatever it is, won't be possible but I don't want to finish it like this." Y/N was shaking. Finally, she removed the mask from her face and Sarah did so too. For a couple of moments, the room was filled with complete silence, Sarah was deep in her thoughts thinking about the situation.

"Look, I have been with that Jungkook guy the whole night. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, I can tell that for Namjoon too. But are you sure that this is what you want? You are taking a big risk if you choose to continue seeing him." It was a tough choice, is this worth risking everything?

"I know. But I want to try. I will do what I want this time, I'm sick of my parents controlling my life." The decision has been made and now there's no turning back.

"Okay," Sarah spoke. "I will be there for you to help you. Who knows, maybe this relationship you two have brings back the two families together."

I just hope so, Y/N thought. Sarah had to leave, it was already late. Y/N changed into her nightgown and just when she was about to go to bed someone knocked on her door.

"Your Highness, may I come in?" She could hear from the other side of the door so she went to open them. Hoseok, the butler who was working for their family for a long time now, was standing in front of her. He was holding a letter in his right hand that was sealed with wax in the shape of the Kim family's emblem. Hoseok was smiling when he noticed the big smile on her face and how her cheeks went deep red. "He wanted me to tell you that he will be coming tomorrow night. I will help him to come to your balcony, but the rest is up to you two." He said handing her the letter and then disappearing down the hallway. With the letter on her chest and tears of joy running down her cheeks, she was laying on her bed, and finally, she was happy.