CHAPTER 8: Best Friend

(A/N): K then. I think I need to clarify that Bakugo is still trapped inside the CLIC simulation. I did not just bamboozle everyone. He has simply entered stage two. I'd also like to clarify that since this is a simulation, these are Bakugo's fears and insecurities, so please, don't think I'm making these characters assholes, namely because they aren't actually the characters you know and love (aside from explosion boi :3). Instead of hating these guys, hate on FACELESS lol. So with that in mind, I'd also like to warn you that this portion contains A LOT of homophobia and self-hatred, so be careful about reading this.

"Bakugo??? You okay???" Kirishima waved his hands in front of me in an attempt to get my attention, a look of concern on his face, but I tried my best to ignore all of the feelings stirring up in me at this moment.

Of all the people I had to be gay for, why did have to be my best fucking friend?

"I'm fine." Was all I said, as I grumbled and looked away from him. I just couldn't even glance at his face right now without triggering a cluster-fuck of emotions. It broke my heart to ignore him like this, but I didn't know what to do.

No matter what I did, it still really hurt.

Headphone chick, who also happened to be in the room, stared at me in sheer confusion, but said nothing about the matter. Instead, she changed the subject at the drop of the hat.

"Hey Kirishima, didn't you have to meet up with Kaminari and Sero at the mall?"

The Red-head's eyes widened in surprise as he realized he was late.

"Oh crap. Sorry guys, I really gotta go."

I'd usually be the one to remind him.

It was only when he left that Headphone chick finally acknowledged what happened.

"So...Something happened yesterday, huh?"

"What? No."

She sighed. "Must be a touchy subject. I'm not surprised; you don't seem like the type to talk about how you feel. Not like Kirishima."

I couldn't help but raise my voice at the mention of his name.

"Can we just not talk about him, please?"

At that Headphone chick - no, Jirou - was genuinely taken aback, and looked at me knowingly.

"Ah. I see." She played with her ears casually, reacting shockingly in a relaxed way to my surprise yelling.

It took me second to register what that knowing attitude meant, and at that my face turned red.

"I - uh - just - don't tell anyone, ok?"

"Wasn't planning on it. Just so you know, there's nothing wrong with who you are. You're not sick, you're not messed up, you're just madly in love. And no matter what anyone else says, you deserve happiness." She smiled.

"Anyway, if you ever want to talk to someone, I'm here." Something about the look in Jirou's eyes gave me the impression that she meant every word she said, and that made me feel reassured.

"Thank you...Jirou."

She grinned. "No problem, Bakugo."

                                 -.-

"Just so you know, there's nothing wrong with who you are. You're not sick, you're not messed up, you're just madly in love. And no matter what anyone else says, you deserve happiness."