Chapter Seven: Speeches, Laughter, and Family

Word Count: 3690

Warnings: FLUFF

Once the last picture was taken, Tom and I were loaded into a car to be driven to the venue. His hand was laced in mine the entire ride there, the two of us stealing glances at each other.

"There it is!" I squeal, leaning over to his side to point it out.

The venue had not been what I thought Tom would want. After going through some more fine-dining venues with large vaulted ceilings that looked over ponds, and others that had a much more city feel I had found myself at this one. It was an old barn, rejuvenated into the venue space that it is now, set up for that modern rustic feel. The room was vast, with high vaulted ceilings with long, old beams across them. The back and front doors were wide open, allowing people easy access in and out. Most of the tables for dinner were set up inside while the dance floor was set up outside under fairy lights.

I had been so sure, even though I loved it instantly, he wouldn't. But he did, and now we finally got to see the rest of our plans in place with our friends and family waiting inside.

"It really is something else." Tom hums, leaning forward to press a quick kiss to my temple before I sit back in my seat. "I'm glad that's the one we went with."

"It's even better in person." I state as the car rolls to a stop. The driver gets out to open my door and Tom hops out from his side, walking around the car to take my hand, tugging me along behind him to the main doors. Tom and I peek inside, seeing the DJ who gives us a quick thumbs up before lifting the mic to his lips.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time that I gladly get to introduce to you, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas and (Y/N) Holland!" The applause and cheering are deafening as Tom and I enter, smiling at our family and friends. Tom lifts my hand in the air, almost as if he is holding a trophy, only lowering it when the sound of glasses clinking overpowers the cheers. He tugs me to him to press a kiss to my lips, the two of us melting instantly at the feeling of being so close after being so far away. The two of us pull away giggling, until a pair of arms are suddenly around my waist, curly, red-brown hair being the only thing I see and I hug the person back.

"Paddy," Tom laughs as he ruffles his little brother's hair.

Paddy of course only lifts his head to look at me with a bright smile, "Tom has told us so much about you, I was the most excited to meet you."

"Well, it's absolutely wonderful to meet you, Paddy." I state before hugging him a little closer and pressing a kiss to the side of his head. He wiggles out of my grasp before giving a bright smile and jogging away. I look at Tom who throws an arm around my shoulder to tug me further into the building.

Its beyond beautiful, with thin white banners that hang loosely from the ceiling. The tables are decorated with the flower arrangements from the church and long dainty candles. Along the walls are tables where the buffet was being placed, as well as the wedding cake and other desserts. Lastly, the table where Tom and I would be sitting was placed closer to the back of the room, by the open doors that led to the dance floor.

I sigh, leaning into Tom's side before familiar faces and unfamiliar faces come toward us. I can recognize his family as well as mine and then from what I can only assume more extended family (or friends) from his side. Tom greets his family first while I greet my own, my mother pressing a kiss to my cheek before passing me along to my father and brothers, who tease me per usual.

"What was with leaving the ceremony so early, pipsqueak? Thought you were gonna share your special day with everyone-"

"I did, we just wanted our first kiss to be more, one-on-one?" I shove Mark to the side so I can hug Quinn and Lucas.