Chapter 3

"Go away, Lila. Ash and Alex aren't going to do your dirty work," Violet warned. She had a vicious scowl on her beautiful face and her skinny arms were crossed. 

           Ash sent Lila a deathly glare and she took a small step back before Alex stepped in front of Ash and calmly said, "Sorry Lila, can't do. We got other business. But thanks for thinking about us." He gave her a forced smile. Lila grunted and turned around harshly before she started walk away angrily. Alex turned around to face Ash and the boys smiled when they made a mental conclusion. They started walking to the cafe before Stella yelled, "Where are you going?" 

          Ash smirked and replied, "Like we said, 'We got other business.'" The girls' jaws dropped and Alex chuckled and put his arm over Ash's shoulders. 

         "We're checking out Kiera, aren't we?" Alex whispered. "You are, not me. I'm just coming to accompany you," Ash replied like it was obvious. Alex raised his eyebrows until Ash lightly punched his shoulder. The boys chatted a little while longer then they heard Lila's voice and decided to take a look. 

          "Give it to me, Kiera! It's mine!" Lila screamed. "Sorry, Princess. It's mine and I don't care about you enough to share. So toodles," Keira said. Ash could practically hear the smirk in her voice. Her warm voice that made him feel like sunshine was pouring into his ears. Lila banged her foot on the ground and stomped away like a little girl throwing a fit.

          "Can I help you?" A voice asked. The boys faced the source and saw a beautiful girl with so much beauty she could put princesses and queens to shame. She had light golden hair that shimmered in the light and tips the color of fresh blood. Her hair was slightly past her shoulder blades and it was curly in a hypnotizingly gorgeous way. "Excuse me? Can I help you, boys?" Her shining, gold eyes scanned the boys and her juicy lips were pursed a little.  She was wearing a long, golden dress that stuck to her curvy figure and black pumps that were surprisingly small.

          "Oh... we were uh.... looking for a Kiera Free. Do you happen to know her?" Alex stuttered. "Well, I happened to be that Kiera Free. So what can I do for you two?" Kiera asked her lips turning into a smile.

           "We just came to warn you Lila wanted to mess with you. She asked us to, but we refused. Anyway, that's all," Ash said. His voice was stable, which seemed to have shocked Kiera a little. Ash turned to walk away but Alex grabbed his arm and glared at him like he was saying, what are you doing? Don't just walk away!  Ash glared back then sighed before turning to face Kiera who started nibbling on her bottom lip. 

          "If you don't mind can I ask you a question?" Ash sighed trying to think of what to ask her. "Um.. sure," Kiera responded, still acting nervous. "Why do you have golden eyes? No offense, or anything. I'm just asking out of curiosity," Ash's eyes made contact with her's and he immediately noticed the fear that sparked oh her tensed face.

          "Dude? Are you color blind? Her eyes are green, not gold," Alex whispered. Ash raised his eyebrows but didn't take his eyes off of Kiera's. "Next you're going to tell me her hair is red," Ash said sarcastically. He turned to look at Alex's face which was confused in an, isn't-that-obvious kind of way. When Ash looked back at Kiera, she looked even more timid and sweat seemed to be trickling down her temple.

          "I have to go," Kiera muttered and before Ash could respond she sprinted away faster than he had ever seen anyone sprint with a dress and heels on. "She is one strange lady," Ash mumbled to himself. "Hey, Alex. How do I look to you?" 

          Alex stared at Ash with disbelief for a few seconds before he answered, "Dude, you have black hair, silver bangs, and blue eyes. Don't tell me you've been seeing yourself differently." Ash heaved a sigh and smiled. He shook his head and put his arm over Alex's shoulders forcing him to follow Ash toward Violet. 

          "There you guys are! We called you like a gazillion times. Why didn't you pick up?" Stella had finally come into view and she was waving her yellow phone in front of the boys. Violet didn't say anything, but it was pretty clear she was mad 'cause her eyes were shooting daggers at Ash, and she wouldn't even peek at Alex. Alex explained what had happened, but left out the part about Ash going "color blind" which made him wonder if he was seeing things. I swear her eyes were golden. I'm not color blind, right? He wondered. The four of them started walking towards the car after Ash agreed to drop Stella and Alex. As Ash was about to get in the car, he stopped abruptly.

          Two golden eyes. 

          Both that belonged to Kiera Free, and they were staring right back at him. 

          And Ash was 100% positive he wasn't color blind.