i.

IT was a quiet and cold night in hawkins, indiana

IT was a quiet and cold night in hawkins, indiana. the wind whispered slightly through the branches and leaves as the bright silver moon peeked slightly through the soft cotton clouds in the sky. madeline henderson was at the wheeler's house, in their basement watching her brother, dustin and his friends play a game of dungeons and dragons.

"something is coming...something hungry for blood, a shadow grows on the wall behind you! swallowing you in the darkness! it is coming" mike said, making his voice sort of breathy.
"what is it?" will asked.
"what if it's the demogorgon?"  dustin questioned, slightly panicking. "jesus we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon"
"it's not the demogorgon!" lucas exclaimed.

madeline chuckled at them quietly looking out the window. she loved being around her brother and his friends. she was like a older sister to them, will especially loved her and loved hanging out with her as she was really sweet to him. sometimes she can't even tell who's her actual brother anymore. she smiled to herself.

"don't be a pussy! fireball him!" she heard lucas say. "heyy watch your language kid!" madeline said darting her head over to where he was and eyeing lucas. "ok mOm" lucas mocked, rolling his eyes. madeline laughed a little.

"fireball him will!" lucas shouted as mike kept shouting nonsense, madeline hardly understood anything about d&d, no matter how much dustin explained to her she was always the one to forget and to still not understand.

"and fireball!" will shouted rolling the dice as they rolled off the table.
"where is it?"
"where'd it go?!"
"is it a thirteen?!"
"i don't know!"
"oh my god, oh my god, oh my god"

the boys started getting a little too loud then, and soon mrs wheeler opened the door of the basement. "mike!"
"mom we're in the middle of a campaign"
"you mean the end?" she said she she left.
"oh my god" mike mumbled something as he went upstairs.
"cmon dustin, let's go" mad said as she put on her dark red jacket, zipping it up and leading dustin out of the basement as he carried a box of pizza with him.
"hey mad, you want the leftovers?"
"no thanks, i'm full" she said smiling at her younger brother.

they came upstairs and walked passed mike's older sisters room, nancy's. madeline was pretty sure she's either talking to steve harrington or she's talking about him because she heard a faint "he's cute" from her while walking past. mad never talked to steve harrington much. he's in her chemistry and geography class and they talked to each other about those subjects for not even five minutes and well, that's it. all she knew about steve was that he's dating nancy wheeler, he hangs out with tommy and carol who are extreme assholes and he's extremely popular in school, in fact everyone calls him "king steve". there was this one time madeline was walking thorough the hallways and tommy tripped her over purposely, making everyone laugh at her, even steve. she doesn't really like him too much and plus he's an absolute douchebag to jonathan, will's brother. jonathan and mad got along quite well together, they were pretty close friends. mad could trust him a lot, he was that one friend that she could talk to anything about really.

as we went out i heard dustin say to mike:
"there's something wrong with your sister, she's got a stick up her butt"
mad rolled my eyes, chuckling at his statement. but he wasn't wrong, ever since she started dating steve harrington, she kinda changed. she and nancy used to get along well and talked a little and became friends for a while until she suddenly stopped communicating with her when she started dating sTeVe.

she said goodbye to the others, hugging will and mike as the others already had already left. will smiled at me and softly said, "see you tomorrow mad"
"bye will" she smiled at him.
"bye mike"
"bye"

she got on her bike and rode off, yelling at her brother. "hey asshole! wait up!" as she was going home, the wind flowing her dirty blonde hair and nipping at her skin, she couldn't help but feel a knot in her stomach, she felt weird and worried which was a little odd. especially about will, she didn't know why but she hoped he was safe.

̥ ୨୧

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
sorry if it was lil short <3