pre gotg 2 pt.2

Sorry for the long waits in between

Thank you for reading this story.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up alone on the bed. I stretched my small arms and legs, before hopping off the bed. It was sorta bright in the Milano. So either we were on a planet or flying close to a sun. I walked to the cockpit and saw Gamora was at the controls.

I looked out the window. We landed on a planet with grayish-purple dirt. Wind was blowing the dirt all over just like on any other deserted planet.

"Where's my dad?" I asked Gamora.

She turned her head to the sound of my voice. If my dad was in the Milano, I would've woken up to his music playing.

"Peter has gone with Drax to take care of some beast that's been destroying buildings." She explained.

"I want to go." I said.

"It's too dangerous Clover. You'll likely die if anything attacks you."

"No I won't." I responded, grabbing my jacket from my room and putting over my pjs. I ran back to the cockpit.

"How do you know?" Asked Gamora.

"Because-" I put my mask on and pulled my jacket hood over my head. "-I'm Clover Quill."

I open the latch and ran outside. I could see buildings in the distance through all the dirt flying in the air.

I heard Gamora calling Rocket from back inside the Milano.

I walked towards the buildings and saw a kinda scary but cool looking creature in front of me. It stopped and stared right at me. I waited for it to make a move. It turned its back to me and started walking away.

My dad always said don't go near things you don't know. But he wasn't here right now and the creature looked big enough that I could sit on its back. So that's what I did. I snuck up to it and jumped on its back. It screeched, which kinda hurt my ears, and started running.

It ran very fast towards the buildings. I kept giggling uncontrollably because this was fun. I never did this before.

I saw a big, heavy armor, gray alien stomp through a part of a building and it roared. It was super loud and it made me cover my ears. But I didn't have a grip on the alien I was riding so I fell and rolled a few times on the ground.

As I stood up I saw my dad and Drax running after the big creature. Oh yeah, I wanted to help them.

I pulled out my crossbow from my pocket and aimed it at the big creature. I shot the crossbow and it hit the creature in the leg. It made the creature stop for a second when it lost its balance.

I hid behind some big rock near by before it found me, if it was even looking. I heard Drax say in the distance.

"We must make the creature fall so we can target the weak spot at the beginning of the tail."

"How do you know that?" My dad asked.

"I used to fight creatures like these in the arenas. It made the crowds go wild."

I peeked from behind the rock to see the big creature was looking back at my dad and Drax. I aimed my crossbow again and shot at its legs. The arrows or whatever started exploding when it hit the legs. I think I pressed a button on the crossbow.

I don't know how it works. All I know is how to shoot it.

My dad was shooting the legs I wasn't shooting at. Drax let out a battle cry, something he does a lot in fights, and ran to a leg and tried to stab deep.

One of the legs buckled and it couldn't move around much. I walked out from behind the rock and shot at one of the alien's back legs.

Drax jumped onto the creature's back once it fell on its side. He cut through the skin at the beginning of the tail and suddenly the creature went still.

Drax then junped off the back and stood next to my dad. I retracted my mask and pulled my hood off. I threw my hands up in the air and said happily,

"We did it!"

My dad and Drax both looked in my direction. I was standing near the head of the creature and they were standing near the stomach. It looked about fortyish feet in between. This alien is big.

I could barely see my dad's eyes widen and he ran to me. Drax calmly walked towards us.

My dad wrapped his arms around me. "Clover what are you doing out here?!"

"I wan'ed to help you guys."

"Do you know how dangerous that was? You could've gotten seriously hurt!"

"But I helped you didn't I?" I said, I didn't want to get in trouble.

I heard my dad's ear piece turn on and heard Gamora talking to him.

"Quill, please tell me that Clover is with you."

"Yeah, she's here." My dad said, giving me the 'you in big trouble' look.

"Quill, your daughter has shown courage against a monster that would be very difficult for you to defeat if it wasn't for me. Give her some credit." Drax said.

My dad opened his mouth to say something but the sighed in defeat, knowing Drax was right. I grinned.

"You did a good job honey." My dad said, raffling up my messy hair.

"Yay! I'm awesome!" I cheered, raising my hands in the air as I looked at the downed creature next to us.

My dad took my hand in his, to make sure I didn't wander off, as the three of us headed back to the Milano and left the creature for the locals of the planet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to put up this chapter before I went to sleep. So I didn't bother looking for alien pictures to represent the aliens/creatures in this chapter.

So just imagine a creature that looks like a two legged dinosaur but alien looking for the first creature.

And the big alien, just imagine a huge ass rhino mammoth dinosaur looking thing