Chapter 8

A/N: Slurs that may be offensive to some are used in this chapter.

---------------------------

Clint and Pietro kissed for a few seconds, but it was broken when Clint pulled apart from the other boy and ran as fast as he could away from him. It felt like he was having a heart attack. His chest was tight, he could barely breathe, and he felt like at any second he was going to vomit. He was so stupid. How could he have kissed Pietro? The one chance that he had at a friend other than Natasha was now ruined thanks to him. Pietro was probably on his way to tell Bruce how much of a faggot Clint really is. Clint scrambled to tear his phone out of his pocket and called the only person he knew that could help him.

          "Natasha?" Clint whimpered into the phone, clutching it to his chest.

          "Clint? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Natasha sounded panicked on the other end of the call.

          "Pietro took me on a date and I kissed him and I ran away and now he hates me and he's going to tell Bruce and I ruined our entire friendship, but I thought he liked me, but now he just hates me." Clint didn't mean to speak as fast as he did, but it took Natasha a second to process everything he had just said.

          "Slow your role, Barton. I'm sure he doesn't hate you. Where is he now?"

          "I don't know. I panicked and I ran away." Clint started shaking and he felt a couple tears slide down his scorching hot cheeks. "I ruined it Nat."

          "Clint, Pietro isn't like Bruce. He cares about you more than you realize and I bet he's feeling the same way that you are right now. If he tells Bruce, I'll kick his ass." Clint could hear Natasha chuckle through the phone and his hands stopped shaking a little.

          "Thanks, Nat. I'll update you later." Clint pressed the button to end the call and took a deep breath to try and calm himself down. As he breathed, he could hear the bushes next to the bench he was situated at begin to rustle.

          "Clint?" Pietro asked, poking his head out of the bushes.

          "I'm sorry. Please don't be mad at me, I won't do it again," whispered Clint, wiping more tears off of his already damp cheeks.

          "Why would I be mad at you?"

          "I kissed you." Clint murmured, peeking up at the other boy.

          "Technically, we kissed each other. You didn't see that coming?" Pietro sat down on the bench next to Clint and wrapped his arm around the shivering boy.

          "So you're not mad at me?" Clint questioned, looking at the other boy's slender hand around his shoulder and deciding to interlock their hands together.

          "Not at all. It was actually quite nice." Pietro smirked, pressing a kiss to Clint's temple.

          "Sorry I kind of ruined our date. I'll make it up to you." Clint looked up at Pietro with damp blue eyes.

          "Nonsense. How about we go get some ice cream and then call it a day?" Pietro suggested and laughed when Clint's face lit up.

After Clint had calmed down a little more, the pair walked down the sidewalks of their small town, their hands locked in a tight embrace. They walked in the local ice cream shop and inhaled the wonderful scent of tons of different flavors of ice cream. Behind the counter was a young boy with shoulder length brown hair and a girl who appeared to be fussing at the boy.

          "Welcome to Scoop's Ahoy! I'll be your captain on this journey of flavor. I'm Steve, what can I get you two?" The attractive boy flashed a gleaming smile at the pair while the girl fixed the ice cream that they ordered.

Pietro ordered some hybrid of mint chocolate chip, peanut butter, and cookie dough ice cream whereas Clint ordered a simple scoop of chocolate. Despite many protests from the smaller boy, Pietro paid for the both of them and covered Clint's mouth to make him hush. The pair sat in a booth in the back corner of the shop and admired one another with stolen glances. Pietro practically shoveled his ice cream down his throat which made Clint snort with laughter.

          "You have chocolate on your mouth." Pietro smiled and pointed to a corner of Clint's mouth.

Clint tried to wipe it off himself, but was unsuccessful and huffed in response.

          "Don't run away." Pietro whispered before licking the chocolate off of Clint's lip.

Clint didn't run away, but his hand started to shake as he quickly looked around them. What if Bruce was here and saw them kiss? What if Clint's father was here? He'd kill him. Clint didn't want to die, yet. He was only seventeen. His eyes darted around the room and relaxed a little when he noticed Pietro's concerned glance.

          "I'm sorry. I have really bad anxiety." Clint mumbled, his hand searching to hold Pietro's.

          "You don't need to apologize for that, silly. You don't have to tell me what you were worried about if you don't want to, but I'm here for you no matter what." Pietro wrapped Clint in a tight hug and pressed kisses to the top of his head.

          "You're okay with people seeing us? What if Bruce finds out?" Clint inquired.

          "He can take it up with me. We shouldn't have to hide from people." Pietro smiled and ran his fingers through Clint's sleek dirty blond hair.

The two sat like this for a few minutes, Clint pressed against Pietro's chest with Pietro's arms wrapped around him. They got an approving smile and a thumbs up from the girl behind the counter who then proceeded to laugh as the male worker got rejected by a girl. They were happy, until Clint's phone started to buzz in his pocket. Looking at who was calling, he nearly dropped the phone as he saw the name Dad flash across the screen.

----------------------------------------

A/N: A bit of a cliffhanger! What do you all think Clint's dad has to say?

I hope you all got the reference that I snuck in this chapter ;)