Chapter 6 - Wichfinders Part 1

You, The Doctor, Tsunade, and the others were walking around a old town in 17th century England.

Doctor/You: I'm sure it's somewhere around here.

Graham: Come on, Doc, Y/N, admit it.

Doctor/You: I dunno what you mean.

She smiled at Jenny's curiosity and wonder for time travel.

Graham: Well, look at it! This ain't the coronation of Elizabeth the First, is it?

Ryan: It's like a street party. Ye olde hipster pop-up happening.

Doctor: The Tardis is being a bit stubborn at exact readings.

A woman hands Graham a tankard, and nobody is taking a bit of notice of their strange clothing.

Yasmin: So where are we?

Doctor: Apple bobbing! I love apple bobbing.

The Doctor sticks her head in the barrel of water to get an apple with her teeth, you smiled at her when she got flustered by said smile.

Yasmin/Ryan: Is this Halloween?

Boy: No. It's Sunday.

Yasmin: Yeah, but what's the party for?

Boy: We do this every Sunday.

You/Doctor: Oh, Happy Sunday.

Graham: Northern accent. We must be close to home.

An older man with a white beard rings a hand bell.

Smithy: Mistress Savage demands your presence. The ceremony will begin.

Tsunade: Anybody else missing the party vibe all of a sudden?

You: Come on.

As the travellers join the tail end of the villagers, a mysterious masked figure dressed in high-quality black clothes watches them go.

Yasmin: Where are they all going?

Doctor: Whatever this is, I need you all to remember the most important thing about dips into the past. Do not interfere with the fundamental fabric of history.

Yasmin: Even if something's not right?

Doctor/You: Yep. And judging by the vibe here, something is definitely not right.

Yasmin goes up to a girl who is crying as she walks.

Yasmin: Are you okay? Can you tell us what's going on here?

The girl hurries away.

-River-

An old woman is chained to the branching end - which forms a handy seat and two arms - of a long tree trunk swung out over the water and balanced on a fulcrum. An elegantly dressed woman ascends a small pulpit flanked by men in leather armour.

Graham: Guys, that's Pendle Hill. We're in Lancashire.

The posh woman speaks to the crowd assembling on the other bank of the river.

????: People of Bilehurst Cragg, we are forced to meet here once again. Satan stalks this land. We must continue to root him out, and do whatever it takes to save the soul of our village. Let us put the accused to the test.

????: Granny...!

Mother Twiston: Hush, Willa.

Doctor/You: It's a witch trial.

But historically incorrect. Witches weren't ducked, they were tied up and thrown in to see if they could swim. Or more usually drown.

????: Old Mother Twiston-