New group

I was running as fast as I could. The moans from the dead grew louder as they got closer. My hair was flying in my face as I ran. I looked back surprised about how many of the dead were behind me. There was at least twenty. I grabbed my knife and stabbed a few in the head before I continued running. Gunshots roared in the distance. The dead started walking toward it. I needed to see where the gunshots were coming from.

I caught my breath and followed the gunshots. As I was following the gunshots it started to rain a bit. "Great." I said to myself as rain started to pour. I peeked from behind a building and saw an Asian and a guy in a sheriff outfit climbing over a fence shooting the dead that were climbing the fence after them. The sheriff hopped in a uhaul while the Asian took a loud car to distract the dead. I followed the sheriff while hidden to see where he was going. He seemed to be in a hurry. People started to pile in the supply truck.

I quickly ran out before they closed the truck fighting off the dead. " Can you help me please?" I yelled over the sounds of the dead while stabbing a couple. The sheriff yelled, "Get in!" I jumped in the truck and closed the back of the truck. "Thank yo-" I tried saying but got interrupted by a guy with the gap in his teeth said, " I dropped the damn key." The blonde shortly said, "Where's Glenn?"

Throughout the ride as we caught our breath I had my knife securely in my hand just in case. "What am I doing? I don't know these people." I thought to myself. After a few minutes of silence they all introduced themselves. Ricks the sheriff, Andrea is the blonde, the dark skinned guy with a gap in his teeth was Tdog, and the lady with the dark skin short hair is Jacqui, and a guy named Morales.

We arrived by a quarry just outside Atlanta. Morales tells everyone they found new people on their run. I came out first and waved at everyone. Andrea hugged a girl that maybe looked like her sister. Morales came out and hugged his family. I glanced over at a lady and her little boy. The boy was crying and his mom was trying to calm him down. "Hey helicopter boy." Morales said, "come meet everybody."

I watched as he walked out slowly, he raised his head to meet everyone. I watched as the boy that was upset turn his head slowly to look at Rick yelling "Dad!" While running towards him in open arms. I looked over at the man on my right, he looked like he has seen a ghost. The man was standing there with a slight smile as he locked eye contact with Rick.

That night a nice old man named Dale gave me an extra tent. I set up the tent and walked down to the fire pit and sat on the floor next to Andrea and her sister Amy. "I have got to ask you man." Morales started " It's been driving me crazy, what's with that watch?" He said looking at Dale. "What's wrong with my watch?" Dale said while smiling. " I see you everyday, same time winding that thing like a village priest saying mass." Morales said. Everyone is nodding in agreement. Jacqui nodded saying " I guess I misread the signs that the world has come to an end, at least by a speed bump for a long while." As everyone was joking around about Dales watch I couldn't help but glance at Shane.

I got up shortly after dinner " Thank you." I said while smiling. " I should probably get some sleep."
I got into my tent and rummaged through my backpack for the extra clothes I found at a dollar store. I slipped on a pair of grey leggings and a tank top and went straight to bed. I lied there under the blanket staring at the ceiling. Maybe this is a new beginning.

(Edited)