Featherpaws Rescue

As the large river flowed through camp, Angelstar and her deputy Darkclaw sat on the bank of the river watching it. Darkclaws apprentice, Featherpaw, sat at her side, they watched for fish to catch.

"You seen any?" Darkclaw said to her apprentice. Featherpaw shook her head, "No." she replied quietly. "You two, i think i got something be QUIET!" Angelstar hissed and she edged nearer the fast flowing river.

"I cant see anything!" Featherpaw mewed shocked at Darkclaw. "Neither can I, but our leader has good eye sight." she replied. Darkclaw watched her leader as Angelstar dipped her paw in then quickly taking it out.

Featherpaw trotted beside Angelstar and looked at the river. "Where is it?" she mewed quietly up at the cat which towered over her, Angelstar sighed and flicked her tail to white water rapids, "There." "I will get it!" Featherpaw got to her paws and leaped into the strong river. 

"FEATHERPAW!" Angelstar shrieked as the yowling apprentice disappeared under the strong rapids. Angelstar turned to her deputy who was sitting there froze, "Stay!" Angelstar snapped. Darkclaw nodded and her leader dived into the water and out of sight.

Darkclaw ran to the river, "Angelstar, Featherpaw?!" she cried. There was no answer and the two cats had seemed to of vanished. A few moments passed until Darkclaw really started panicking, "COME BACK!" she screeched. Birds flew from their trees and into the sky cheeping loudly from the loud scream.

Angelstar pushed her way down as Featherpaw sunk motionless. She grabbed the apprentice by the scruff and now started to become out of breath. She started pushing her legs hard and she tried to swim straight up, but the current pushed her sideways. The rapids pushed them both sideways suddenly into a large rock, but Featherpaw took the hit and the rock slashed her side. Angelstars eyes widened and she started to swim faster, leaving a trail of blood behind from Featherpaws cut.

"Please!" Darkclaw begged as she watched the water. Suddenly, Angelstar burst out of the water with the apprentice in her mouth. She paddled to shore and Darkclaw ran to her. "Angelstar!" she sighed with relief and took Featherpaw off her, "Angelstar?" she mewed quietly as the leader lay on the soft grass not making a sound.

"No, no she was on her life life!" Darkclaw gasped. She put Featherpaw down and Iceheart came running. "Featherpaw!" he cried. He came onto the bank and ran at his kit then picking her up by the scruff. He completely ignored the dieing leader and ran off with his kit shrieking curses to the sky.

Angelstar was dead, and Darkclaw lay by her side crying. Cinderheart came to her, "We heard the news..." she mewed softly, "Guess your Darkstar of OceanClan now..."