Chapter Six ~ Rylee Starlings

"Okay" She replies.I always wake up before Teagan. Teagan is the strongest, wildest, and is the most beautiful girl I know. I love her and everything about her. I love her brown hair and her dark chocolate eyes. I love that she is shorter than me. Most of all I love that she makes me feel free.

Bang Bang Bang There are three quick knocks at the door. My heart skips a beat. "It's me, Kacey." I open the door. "Oh, Teagan isn't up. Did she tell you?" Kacey asks. "Yeah she did. So I guess she told you then?" I ask back "Yes, and her parents already knew this would happen, that's why I need to talk to her," Kacey states.

"I'll wake her for you," I say as I walk back over to the bed and give Teagan a hug. She wakes up. "Hi" she says tiredly. "Hi babe," I say back

"Kacey wants to talk with you, I'm going to get coffee for us and hot chocolate for you." I tell her. "Wait, you should be here for this Rylee." Kacey suggests. "Incase things get out of hand." She looks at me. "Okay I will stay" I am starting to get kind of worried.

"Teagan, we need to contact your parents, they might know more about the legend and the Tringers," Kacey says in a calming tone.

Now I am really getting worried, Teagan hated her parents, her mother in particular. Her mother would manipulate her just to make her feel bad and freak out at her for standing up for herself. Her mother uses things, people she loves against her.

"Why? There has to be someone else who knows the legend or about the Tringers. That man sure knew about us," Teagan whines. "Your parents are the only people we know that know about the Tringers. So I think we should call them," Kacey replies trying to keep her cool.

Kacey is like Teagans big sister. She only wants what's best for Teagan. Jeez she basically raised Teagan. "Okay fine, but you are talking to them, tell them you don't know where I am and that I never even went with you guys," Teagan orders. "Okay Squirt," Kacey replies.

Kacey walks over to the motel phone in our room and calls Teagans parents. I walk over to Teagan and kiss her. "It's going to be okay, they will never know that you're here,"

Kacey has been chatting with Teagans mother then she starts screaming at her. "JACKIE PUT BEN ON THE PHONE NOW!" Teagans parents names are Jackie and Ben. Ben was the on who knew most of this stuff. He was always busy in the shed or garage.

"Hello ben, thank you for taking the phone," Kacey says once again calm. "My friends and I have been chased by Tringers and know the bare minimum about them. We were hoping you could tell us more about them."

Teagan hugs me. Her face is really pale and that's weird because she has white but tan skin. She is terrified, so I wrap my arms around her and hold her close to calm her down.

Kacey starts speaking again "No. Teagan is not here. She decided not to come with us," Kacey lied. There was a pause.

"Now tell me about the Tringers," Kacey goes quiet. "Five hundred! but there is a whole world worth of them coming here and we only get five hundred?!" Kacey goes quiet again. "Okay thanks, bye Ben,"

Teagan looks up but says nothing. "So what did he tell you?" I ask. "He told me that there will be five hundred kids with Recs but a whole planets worth of Tringers that we must fight to save the earth, and we are the leaders, or Teagan is the leader."

Kacey and I both looked at Teagan. "Did you know about this?" I ask. "Well not really. My Father always said I would do really important things in life. Right after he would scream and freak out and stuff. But no, I never knew," Teagan tells us. "Did my Father say how to win?" Teagan asks Kacey. "No, he didn't, I wish he did. He only told us what he knew," Kacey claims.

"Anyway I've gotta go tell the boys and get ready. We should leave soon anyway," Kacey says. Kacey leaves the room.

"You okay?" I ask Teagan "Uh, I don't really know right now," Teagan replies in a daze. "How about we get ready and eat last nights pizza for breakfast," I say changing the subject. "Yeah sure. I am going to go take a shower and then I will come out and eat the pizza," Teagan mumbles. "Okay, you do that," I respond.

Teagan goes into the bathroom and takes a shower. It is weirdly quiet but I hear the shower running. Teagan usually sings in the shower, but she's not.

I knock on the bathroom door, no response. I go in to find teagan on the ground crying. "Go away Ry," She shouts. I don't. I sit down next to her and she leans on my shoulder and cries.

"It'll be okay Teagan, I promise. I am here for you no matter what," I comfort her. "Now let's get in the shower and wash your hair, okay?" I say. "I don't feel like a shower right now," She cries. "Okay" I say.

I help her up off the ground and into the bed. I then proceed to turn off the shower. "I'm going to go talk with the others," I say as I put my hair into a messy bun.