hide ; xxi

The numerous chirps that came from birds pierced into the darkest corners of Changbin's mind, filling his head with them, and them alone. The normally pleasing sound gradually became annoying to hear, and Changbin wanted to block his ears and force the sound to stop, but he just lied there, unable to move.

His chest felt light, like he was floating on clouds, and he used his hands to grip the area surrounding him, searching for something, or someone.

With one deep breath, Changbin's eyes fluttered open, quickly scanning wherever he was. The room looked unfamiliar, and the window on the white walls was open. Rays of light cascaded through the opening, brightening the already lit up room, and a blue bird was perched on a branch next to the window, chirping over and over again. It watched Changbin with its head cocked to the side curiously, and then flew away.

A hand slipped into Changbin's own, alerting him of another person's presence next to him. That was when he took sight of his mother's relieved face, and the IV stand next to the bed he was in. Changbin stared at his left wrist, seeing the drip inserted into his vein.

"You're okay," Changbin's mother whispered, smiling at him.

"I am..." Changbin slowly nodded, despite feeling a bit confused. How did he get here? The last thing he remembered was when he entered that tribal mountain's temple with Minho and Woojin, and then everything became a blur after that. "...I'm in the hospital." He said while looking at his mother, but it sounded more like a question.

"Yes, sweetie," she replied. "You and the rest of your friends came to the house really early yesterday. Said that you were unconscious and needed to go to the hospital, and Chan drove us there. You've been here ever since."

That was when Changbin thought about Felix, and his heartbeat accelerated. He mentally scolded himself for not thinking about the Australian before now, and felt himself overwhelmed with anxiety, because Felix wasn't there.

Felix said he was going to be the first person Changbin saw when he was better, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Mom, where...is Felix?" Changbin carefully asked, afraid to hear the answer. He didn't want to hear that anything bad happened to Felix during the last twenty four hours. He wanted to see Felix. He needed to see him.

"He's not here," his mother replied, her voice low.

Changbin forced himself to seat up, ignoring his mother's worried eyes as he did so. A huge lump formed inside his throat that made it hard for him to speak. "Where...where is he?"

"...He's in another room in the hospital. He fell unconscious along with you, so he was brought to the hospital."