Part 3

"MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING ENGAGED TODAY!"

--

"What?!" Shouted the maknae line and Hoseok in surprise.

"Yupppp" Iris said happily.

"But... Evelyn would tell us if she got engaged?"RM said confusedly.

"Well, she's not engaged yet but she will be in..." Iris looked at her watch "...at least an hour."

"Yeah? And how do you know that she'll say yes?" Jungkook scoffed.

Iris glared at him slightly and said "I do know. Let's see.
She's been with her boyfriend for 5 years.
Marriage is all she talks about. She's been planning her wedding since college.
She once told me she thought it would be so romantic if she was proposed to on her anniversary.
Oh! And what a coincidence today is her 5th year anniversary with Jihan which she somehow conveniently forgot." Iris said finishing listing and counting it off on her fingers.

She smiled at Jungkook triumphantly who rolled his eyes in response.

"Anyway I'm throwing the couple an engagement party this Saturday. I was wondering if you guys could come? If you aren't busy that is." Iris asked sweetly.

"We'll try if our schedule stays clear," answered RM.

"That's the answer I was hoping for so great! I hope to see you there, I know Evelyn would be so happy if you guys were. Evelyn will send you the details probably. Bye!" She said hurriedly and left.

"Well... that escalated quickly" said Jimin.

"Are we actually going hyung?" Taehyung asked RM.

"Pabo!" said Jin whacking Taehyung on the head. "Of course we are!"

"Of course we'll try," corrected RM.

"I'm hungry," Jungkook said suddenly.

"Lets go eat then," said JHope cheerfully.

Time Skip

AUTHOR'S POV:

Iris turned out to be right and Evelym became newly engaged that evening. A fact Iris was sure to flaunt in Jungkook's face the next time she saw him. Making sure to stress that Evelyn had actual tears in her eyes when saying yes.

---------------------------------------------------------

Time Skip

Saturday

BTS were getting ready to attend Evelyn's engagement party. Their schedule had luckily stayed clear and the boys were running around their shared apartment getting ready.

"Namjoon! Don't touch the gifts!" yelled Jin, "You'll break them!"

"No I won't, hyung! You can trust me!" Namjoon yelled back to Jin, who was down the hall, about to pick up the gifts and carry them to the car.

"KIM NAMJOON. STAY AWAY FROM THE PRESENTS OR SO HELP ME..."

"FINE" shouted Namjoon and stormed off towards the car.

"TAEHYUNG!" yelled Jimin.

"WHAT?!"

"WHERE'S MY TIE?"

"I don't know," replied Tae coming out of his room wearing the EXACT tie Jimin was looking for.

Jimin looked at Taehyung with his eyes narrowed  and said slowly, "Taehyung... Whose tie are you wearing?"

Taehyung looked down at the tie, "Oh this? I found it in your room and thought it would look nice with my outfit."

"Taehyung," Jimin said rubbing his face, "You found that tie in my room because that's the tie I was going to wear for today."

"Oh." Taehyung paused for a moment and looked at Jimin.

"Well?"

"What?"

"Give me back my tie!"

"No."

"What?"

"Find your own tie. This is mine," Taehyung said and stalked out the front door to the car.

"What in burning hell?" Jimin whispered.