Chapter Five (Cameron)

"Did you really just change the subject, Cameron? You still healing, but you talking about riding with your boy to go pick up a Key. You think I'm going to be with someone that is going to keep doing this and don't change his life? You two seconds out the hospital bed, I mean damn. We just got together and I don't need to be crying at your funeral two seconds later." She told me with an attitude. "Yes, I did change the subject because you already knew what I did and why when you agreed to be my girl. Now it's a huge problem? I have mouths to feed. Yours being one of them now." I was caught by surprise that she slapped the shit out of me because I was only trying to shut her up when I said that. It actually kind of turned me on. It wasn't like we had sex yet with her sexy ass, but I had to kiss her. Even after she put her hands on me. I grabbed the hand she slapped me with and pulled her into me. Then pressed my mouth against hers. "What the fuck is you doing my nigga?" she asked me once I finally let her go. It wasn't like I was holding her hostage in that kiss. Her other arm had ended up around my neck. She liked that shit. But her stubborn attitude having ass had to be complaining about something. I knew what she needed. And I knew when she was going to get it. The reason I was even doing this shit was because I was throwing her a big ass b-day party for her eighteenth in a couple of days. Her birthday was actually in six hours. At midmight, I was going to have the balloons and flowers floating around her room. The party was going to be on Saturday. I just needed her to let me go handle this business so I could give her what she deserved. A party to remember. "I'm giving my girl a kiss is that also a problem?" I teased her. "Oh, now I'm your girl?" she asked. I knew she was messing with me. We had decided it a few days back. "Yes, you are, stop playing." I let her know that I didn't like when she did that shit. "You know what, fuck you Cameron, for real. I hate what you do. I really hate that shit." She shouted. "Fuck me Aaliyah? Really, when what I'm doing is giving you a place to stay?" I threw out without thinking. As soon as I saw her face, I knew I had messed up. "So, you want to throw stuff in my face on some petty shit? That's why I didn't want to move here. I'm going back to the shelter. I don't need no nigga holding shit over my head." She told me. She turned to walk down the steps and get in her little piece of car she had bought for three hundred dollars. I had put in three times that to make sure it got her from point A to B without breaking down on her. I had a new one in the works for her and Bianca. I sighed and grabbed her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I know you don't like what I do. I don't plan to do it forever. Let me get this money up. Give me a year, tops. Then I'll have enough, to quit. Please, bae. I would do that for you." She sucked her teeth but didn't fight it when I pulled her in for another kiss. When I released her, she made me promise that in a year, I was out. Or she was gone. I promised her again. My homie pulled up and and beeped his horn. "Listen. I gotta make this run. I'll be back in a couple of hours." "You better be. My birthday is in five hours and forty-four minutes." she reminded me. "No doubt. Now, take your ass back in the house before you get sick on your birthday and can't get this surprise. Her eyes lit up and that comment. She kissed me again. Told my "stupid ass" to be careful and went back in the house. I went and hopped in the car to make this run to get the goods so I could make sure they were good. When I got back, I text my sister to tell her to see where Aaliyah was. She said that she was in the downstairs bathroom. Then she was going to pop some popcorn cause they were watching movies. "Ok. Bet. I told her to come help me sneak her gifts in and take them upstairs. Bianca and Lauren came out, each grabbing bags and balloons and ran up the stairs to go and decorate the room for me. When she was done and came back in the living room, it was one minute after midnight. I was standing there with her first gift behind my back. "When you creep in here?" she wanted to know. "While you were blowing up the bathroom." I joked. "Lies. What's behind your back?" she asked with a pretty ass smile on her face. "It's somebody's birthday, right?" She looked on the cable box clock and the smile got wider. "It sure is." She answered. "Then happy b-day." I told her. Holding out a bag. She grabbed it and kissed me. Emptying the contents onto the couch, she saw that it was a pair of Balenciaga Boots with a jacket and a bag to match. She stood there with her mouth open. She couldn't believe it. She dressed nice but had never had anything like this before. I also had four pair of "Icy Girl Jeans" with different color fringes on them from this designer, TayMontana from Philly. I saw everybody, including my girl and sisters, shouting her out on IG pages, 1TayMontana and her shorts and pants was hot. So, I had run down there to Philly when she was at work one day and got her and my sisters some a few days ago. They was gonna want to look good at her party too. The next thing I know, she was in my arms kissing me all over my face. Once she got down, I told her to go try it all on and make sure it fit. When she got to the top of the stairs, I could hear her screaming. I ran up behind her trying to hide my smile. "What's up? What's wrong?" I asked, my hand in my pants like I was about to pull out my .380. Ever since Jason and them got me, I said fuck it and I kept it on me from then on. And he hadn't escaped my attention either. I was gonna get his ass. But right now, it was about her. Aaliyah stood there with her hand over her mouth as she looked at all of the balloons and flowers all over the room. She also saw some more bags from TayMontana, MAC and other designers on the bed with my sisters standing there watching her with smiles on their faces. "Well, open this shit girl. I need to see what he got you." Bianca told her. "Wait. Those two bags right there are for ya'll two." I told my sisters. They both grabbed their bags and came over to hug me. I watched them pull stuff out and try it on like girls always do. That shit brought a smile to my face. These were my girls and I would lie, cheat, steal and kill for them. No questions asked.

Complete book on amazon.........

Look on my bio and you will see my link to my book

Hope you enjoyed it