Welcome to Luna Peak

As to be expected her send off was emotional due to a hysterical five year old. What a great way to start my summer, muses Serena. Turning up the music in her truck Serena settled in for a long drive in the mountains. As one road endlessly leads to the next her thoughts turn to the place she'll be spending the next few months of her life.

Although the reserve was named Luna Peak Grey Wolf Preservation it was truly located in the valley between Luna Peak and Little Beaver Peak. The valley was rich in natural beauty; a variety of pine trees intermingled with Douglas fir trees, western larches, quaking aspens, birch trees, and white oaks thrived in the area. In the meadows grew magnificent red columbines, violets, daisies, and lupines. Tucked away in the forest was the preservation, a small colony of log cabins clustered around a slightly larger one, the main cabin. All workers, long term and temporary, bunk together in the smaller cabins. This arrangement was, according to the website and the overexcited almost desperate sounding woman that interviewed Serena, perfectly fine by the small and close knit staff. Translation, Serena was going to have to put in a lot of effort to squeezing herself into that small community.
----------------------------------------------
Laurel Blackwell is by no means a malicious or mischievous person. Kind, yes. A little flighty... Okay so very flighty. And her latest episode of forgetfulness proves this.

So Laurel may have left out a vital piece of information when she briefed Serena Luppi. Besides herself, and soon Serena, the only females at the reservation were wolves. Now normally that wouldn't be a problem, and Serena didn't seem like the kind of girl to let something like this bother her. The reason why this was a problem was the living arrangements of the staff, the guys were fine with living together and Serena said she was fine with having a housemate. Of course neither party knew much of the other, and that was Laurel's fault. And of course the only cabin that isn't shared yet is inhabited by the reserve's grumpiest and most anti-social employee, Kane. While Laurel loves her adoptive son wholeheartedly, she also knows that he can be insufferable. There also may be the issue of Kane not knowing he's going to be sharing his cabin.

Oh this is going to be a mess.
----------------------------------------------
The black truck rumbled along the dirt drive that followed the stream leading up to Luna Lake. Trees canopied the road, fiona and flora lined the path. The natural beauty of the forest was a welcoming sight to Serena who had just spent hours driving down uniform concrete highways. She was excited to arrive and settle in peacefully after a long day of driving.

A/N: I know this is short but I'm posting it as a 'Thank you' to Clockwork for showing interest in my story. I also claim NO ownership of the photos of the people that I use to represent my characters. The picture with this is what Serena looks like.