Terror

Have you ever heard of lucid dreaming? Or maybe sleep paralysis?

Well, lucid dreaming is where you are aware you are dreaming, and asleep. The most common knowledge is where you can control what you are dreaming of.

Sleep paralysis is pretty much being paralysed before you go to sleep or after you wake up, it's caused by rapid movements of the eyes and it is also a precaution your brain takes to keep you from acting out while you dream.

Well, barely an hour earlier, I actually decided to try to sleep. It took me a bit and I was comfortably laying down, but then my body felt overwhelmed with a pressure that wasn't there, and I was warm. I tried to move to take the blanket off of be so I could cool down, but I couldn't, I couldn't move.

Suddenly I was hit with a ringing sound, but, it wasn't ringing, and it sounded like there was static coming from it. And I was aware of a noise completely separate yet with the ringing, it was sort of like a drum, but it wasn't. And then, my body felt light, and I couldn't feel the blankets on top of me, by bed or pillows under me, and I felt as though the pressure had gotten harsher, but it didn't hurt.

I was terrified.

And then I felt as though someone were there with me, watching me. It was like it was analyzing me. And then, I saw it.

By this time, I was full on panicking. When I panic, I don't scream, but this time, I was in my head, and I felt like clenching my teeth and thrashing around, trying to escape.

What I saw terrified me and I don't even know how because if I saw it any other time, I wouldn't have freaked out. But I think it was the creature itself that scared me. You could say it petrified me, heh, get it? Yeah, I know it was bad.

But I saw a faint outline of a face– not even that, it was just a black figure that stood out from the rest of the black. And I don't know if I actually heard anything, but I think laughter came from its mouth, if it had one, and it's eyes slowly opened.

Everything was blurry and I was in a rush to wake up, suddenly, one of my cats that was in my room at the time rubbed his face against my hand and it twitched. My arms was suddenly able to move, though my hand was still stuck, and I was then trying to move my fingers to force my eyes open. The feeling of floating was gone, but the pressure was still there, but this time, it all came from above me and a lot of it was directed towards my head, pushing it down into my pillows.

The thing suddenly had a feral grin, even though it's face, or whatever didn't change in the slightest, except for its eyes. Suddenly, I had complete control over my body and I sat straight up with wide eyes. My cat then crawled into my lap, put his paws on my shoulders, and started licking my nose.

I couldn't breathe very well, something I hadn't noticed until then, and my head was pounding, something I've come to know happens before I get a headache, but the headache never came, only the lingering feeling of the pressure.

I never saw what it's eyes looked like, but I was so scared out of my mind, that I got up and ran out of my room, my cat in my arms.

I eventually went to a room where everyone else in my family was, and sat in a corner.

Then it was raining, everything outside turned a yellowish orange, and I got up to look at it before returning to the corner.

Which, by the way, I still am, in that corner, to terrified to sleep. And I know how to distract myself from things like this, bit it was always in the back of my mind.

And now, I feel as though someone is talking to me, though I can't hear a voice or anything, telling me to come to bed, to sleep. And I am so scared. I don't like this and I don't want it to ever happen again.

Ever.