Chapter 1

The Kings and Enrights share a dinner at the Kings residents. The kids eat at one end of the table as the adults sit at the other. The adults indulge in conversation, while at the kids end of the table there is silence due to the presence of electronics.

Dominique

"I remember when Bentley had the biggest crush on Dominique when they were about 10." My mom says as she does almost every dinner that we all have together. I don't know why she keeps bringing that up, that was 7 years ago. I simply roll my eyes not wanting to entertain the conversation. I looked up at Bentley to see his reaction and he was into his phone as if he didn't hear. I look back at my phone to see that my boyfriend finally replied.

Me: Wyd? 3:46 p.m

Him: Coolin it. 7:04 p.m

I mentally sigh as I ask him how his day was trying to further the conversation. I know that it wont work but I guess it's worth a shot. Derrick has been my boyfriend for 3 years. He was so sweet and understanding, but about a year ago he started getting in selling his drugs and he just started treating me like shit. I really didn't mind him selling drugs, because that's what my parents do so I didn't see much wrong with it. I notice how in love my parents are so why can't we be like that? Everybody wonders why I'm still with him. Hell even I do sometimes. I've been with this boy since I was 14 and he's the only one that I've been in a relationship with. I actually love him with everything in me, but I know the feeling isn't mutual. I know what I should do but my stupid ass heart wont let me.

" I don't see why Bentley dumb ass won't just find himself a good girl. I can't stand that chicken head ass Aisa girl." Bentley's mother says, earning a chuckle from Brailyn and myself. Bentley's mom is always so blunt, and funny as hell.

My parents don't dare bring up Derrick, because its a really touchy subject for our families. They know how our relationship is and bringing him up only pisses off Bentley and our fathers.

"Ma why she gotta be chicken headed? She coo'." Bentley says while laughing. He understands why his mother doesn't care for his girlfriend because she is pure ghetto. Like when you first see her she's really beautiful and all that, but soon as she open her mouth it makes my head hurt. She doesn't have any type of sense at all. Like one time Bentley invited her to one of our dinners and she was just pure hell. Licking her fingers, scratching her head, being loud and extra for no reason. Trust me that was the first and last dinner she came to. Not because she wasn't invited, because of course Bentley invited her afterwards, but because of Ms. Tori. After a while of her ratchetness Ms.Tori let her have it. By the end of the night everyone was in tears from laughter besides Aisa of course.

We're not all boujie or anything because we have money. That girl is just something else. Actually Bentleys parents and mine are in the same "business" . Our fathers became parteners in highschool after deciding that college just wasnt for them, and our mothers held them down. My mom's a doctor and Bentleys mom is a lawyer. Something about we can't live solely from drug money. Our dads also have a couple of other businesses here and there from carwashes to five-star resturaunts.

Our parents engage in a new topic with one another about business and we all tune them out once more.

" How is Derrick?" Brailynn asks me.

"Still ignorant as hell." Bentley replies under his breath even though I'm sure that the question was for me to answer.

"Just like your ghetto ass girlfriend." I retort. " But he's good I guess. We're actually a lot better since the last incident" I reply shrugging not really sure how to describe it. Bentley gets up and slams his chair into the table and walks off. I know he's not mad about me calling Aisa ghetto because we joke about that all the time. I guess me mentioning the incident pissed him off.

"What's wrong with him?" My dad questioned all of us. Brailyn and I shrugged and so he turned his attention to my little sister McKenzie. She looked at me to see if it was okay if she told, and I just gave her a sly nod.

"Dom brought up Derrick." She responded. My dad shot me a look before returning his attention to the rest of adults as they began a new conversation, not wanting to further the previous one.

"You know how they are Dom." Brailyn whispers in my ear and I nod shrugging it off.

"So Kenzie whats up with the boys?" I ask. Brailyn and I listen as she tells us about the boys that trying to get with her and the ones she like giving her advice as she went along. By the end of dinner, Bentley still hadn't returned , but everyone else was in a good mood.