CHAPTER FIFTEEN

BUCKY'S POV

[I have your boytoy, mutt. If you want him alive, come alone.] Unknown.
Damnit. Fuck. Shit. Rumlow took him. I grab my jacket and run out the door before my family can say anything. I head straight to the address Rumlow sent with the text. It's an old, abandoned warehouse that looks ready to fall apart any moment. Do I have a plan? Nope, not at all. I just need to know Steve will be okay.
"Rumlow!" I shout as loud as I can, storming into the building.
There's no walls when I step inside, just one big room with someone slumped in a chair and another person standing next to them. I rush forward but I slide to a stop when Steve's head is yanked up and there's a knife to his throat.
"Rumlow, don't. He's done nothing." I hold up my hand. Seeing Rumlow again after last time, I thought I'd feel fear but I don't, all I feel is rage. "Let him walk free."
"Not until I've had a little fun." Rumlow grins slyly.
Before I can react, people grab my arms and kick the back of my leg, causing me to collapse to my knees. Rumlow tosses the knife to the side and yanks Steve's head up more. Steve has a gash on his cheek, and a bruise on his temple. His eyes open and he lets out a long noise of pain.
"Bucky?" Steve looks very confused but before I can tell him that it's going to be okay, a hand clamps over my mouth. "Let him go! Hasn't he been through - "
Rumlow slams his fist into Steve's stomach, I cry out for them to stop but it's muffled. I watch as Rumlow beats the crap out of my boyfriend but Steve takes it in his stride. Rumlow keeps going until Steve's head drops. If he's killed Steve, I'm gonna kill him.
"Now, mutt," Rumlow smirks cruelly, picking up the knife and stalking over to me. "How bout we finish this?"
I'm forced back on my feet and let go, and me being the amazingly smart person I am, spit right in my ex boyfriends eye.
"You're going to pay for that." Rumlow wipes his eye and glares at me.
He swipes at me with the blade in hand but I duck and jab my right fist into his stomach. Rumlow growls, swinging his arm around, the knife slashes my upper arm, cutting deep. I decide then and there that I'm going to make him pay, so I grab his wrist with my left hand and squeeze until I hear a satisfying crunch noise, then I slam my fist into his nose. He falls to the ground, his eyes rolling to the back of the head.
Something hits me in the back of the head, making me flinch. I turn and see the two idiots who held me down and watched as my boyfriend was beaten up. A couple punches to their heads and they're on the floor next to their idiot boss.
"Steve?" I sprint over, tripping over myself and ending up on the floor next to the chair he's on. I pick myself up and lift his face gently. "Stevie?"
A small groan escapes his lips, his eyes opening for a second then fluttering shut. He's alive. I grab out my phone and dial 911.
"My name is James, I need an ambulance!" I sob, trying to wake Steve back up but all I get are groans.
I manage to tell the person on the line where we are and what happened but my arm is beginning to hurt a lot more around the gash. The person tells me there's an ambulance and police on the way, so I hang up and untie Steve, catching him as he tips off the chair. I hold his unconscious body, crying into his blond hair.
So much for date night.
When the ambulance and police arrive, I tell them what happened, showing them the text but I refuse to leave Steve's side. They end up having to let me go into the ambulance with Steve and the paramedics while the police call in for help to get the other guys to the hospital, doesn't stop them from handcuffing those guys. I hold Steve's hand the whole time, not caring about the tears falling down my cheeks, and I barely feel a thing as the paramedic stitches my arm.
"Hey, we need to get you into a bed." The paramedic says when I try following them to where they're taking Steve.
"I'm fine, I need to be with him! Someone needs to be with him until Sarah gets here." I try moving forward but the paramedic places his hands on my chest with a pleading look.
"You can't be there for him if you're about to collapse," He points out, waving over a nurse. "Find this guy a bed and get him checked out, and when the young man that just came through is out of the ER, put them in the same room. Will that be okay?"
"I... Okay." I give in, feeling exhaustion starting to overwhelm me. "Don't let anything happen to him."
The paramedic nods, running off while the nurse guides me to a room.
"Come on, Barnes." She chuckles, used to seeing me here.
She takes me to a room and laughs when I collapse onto the bed. I feel my boots being taken off and she helps me into the bed properly.
"I'll call your parents, and Sarah, you get some rest and let us do our jobs." She tells me, pulling the blanket up to my shoulders.
I try nodding but my eyes close and darkness consumes me.