jongho x ateez

🍓 in which jongho's new and unfamiliar with the new place, new people and the new lifestyle, but the members do everything they can to make jongho feel at home.

-

"you're born in 2000? that's so young!"

jongho smiled a little at the new face, and nodded.

"wooyoung, please be softer. he's still new!"

"i'm sorry,"

"no, it's okay!"

-

the members took turns to introduce themselves, telling jongho about the things they all like, like yeosang with the drones, hongjoong with diy, yunho with dancing and it went on for awhile.

later, they noticed that the youngest looked tired and decided to show him around the dorm, and bring him to his room.

"-and this is hongjoong hyung's recording space! he calls it his safe place, haha!"

jongho again, smiled softly at wooyoung.

hongjoong shook his head out of fondness for the boys. "jongho, do you want to decide on who to sleep with?"

"s-sleep with?"

hongjoong blushed.

"not like that!"

"oh," jongho was so quiet, he's adorable.

"who's sleeping alone now?"

"hongjoong, but he always comes to one of our rooms anyway!"

hongjoong giggled.

"i'll sleep with hongjoong hyung then,"

"yay!"

-

it was morning. jongho ended up waking up the earliest. he woke up hungry, again.

it took him awhile, but he noticed he wasn't at home.

jongho walked around the dorm, trying to remember where the members stored food.

jongho fumbled around, dropping loose sheets of paper and almost tripping over a piece of lego. he wondered who it belonged to.

"good morning, jongho!"

"oh? good morning, yeosang hyung!"

yeosang replied with a small and warm smile.

"are you looking for something, jongho?"

jongho nodded.

"do you have... c-cereal?"

yeosang giggled. "of course we do! sannie loves them!"

a new fact.

yeosang held jongho's hand and lead him to the kitchen cabinet.

he pulled out a cereal box and took out a small bowl, and passed them to jongho.

"here, eat well!"

"thank you, hyung."

"also, when we first came here, we were all forced to use a bowl like this one to cut our hair!"

jongho laughed, another new fact!

-

"jongho?"

mingi heard whimpers, and walked into jongho sitting alone in the practice room, head in between his knees.

jongho tried to keep down the sound of him crying. it was his third day here. he cannot let the members think that he was vulnerable.

"hyung?" his voice cracked.

a mistake.

"jongho, what happened?"

silence.

"are you okay? tell hyung,"

jongho looked up, and saw mingi opening his arms, welcoming him for an embrace.

he accepted it.

"he was so strict, hyung,"

"the choreographer?"

jongho nodded.

"it's okay, you're okay."

-

"hyungie!"

hongjoong ruffled the youngest's hair.

it's been two weeks, and all the older members were so happy that jongho has learned to open up to most of them.

san took him to the beach nearby, hongjoong buys him sweets and snacks he wants, yeosang taught him how a drone works, he works out with yunho, wooyoung learned to be softer around him, mingi and seonghwa have been so sweet to him.

"we're going to america!"

jongho nodded excitedly. "i'm going to see harry potter at universal studios!"

"you are!"

jongho was so happy he decided to join kq entertainment. he cannot imagine life without his new best friends. he'll treat them well, and try his best, debuting in this new group.