Destiny

"Like the whale?" Piper asked her grandmother. Grandmother frowned and shook her head.

"You of all people should know destiny is so much more than a name." Grandmother sniffled, "It is what all of us have to attain. Our purpose within our lives."

"Yes, I was trying to be funny in light of the situation." Piper fidgetted in her seat. "So what, Grandmother? I'm to wander around forever until I magically bump into my parents by fate, or destiny as you like to say? Or maybe you prefer I ride around on a horse."

"Piper!" Grandmother snapped. "This is serious!" Piper sighed and nodded. She understood. Every character had to reach their happily ever after. Otherwise their life remained a stalemate, nothing ever happening.

"What do I have to do?" Piper asked. "How does my story end?" Grandmother smiled and reached into her long, draped sleeves. She pulled out her magic wand and waved it in the air. After a handful of sparkles, a notebook appeared.

"Your map." Grandmother grabbed the notebook from the air and layed it on the table. "The book is magical, as most things here are. It will work as your atlas, guiding you throughout your journey."

"What will it show me?" Piper asked.

"Whatever it feels necessary." Grandmother opened the first two pages. The first held a picture of Piper on the day she was born, crying in her cradle. Behind her was grandmother, rushing to her side.

"What's this?" Piper asked.

"The notebook appeared next to you after the spell." Grandmother explained. "The only thing in it was this picture of you, with me in the background. That's why you stayed with me." Grandmother carressed Piper's face. "We took it as a clue, you were to be with me." Grandmother showed her the second page. "This appeared three days ago." Piper peered at the page. A map shown of Big Thunder Mountian.

"That's nothing special, just the ride." Piper observed.

"Yes, but look over by the mines." Grandmother pointed towards a small circle in the middle of the tunnel of the ride. "That my dear, is a portal."

"To the world of Thunder Mesa?" Piper asked.

"Exactly!" Grandmother grinned. "I believe you are to travel there. Maybe you will find your family or another clue."

"So you're saying I'm just to sneak into the ride, go through the portal, and magically figure out what to do once I am there?" Piper groaned. "Last I checked that only worked for characters, like yourself and all the princess."

"My dear, you ARE a character!" Grandmother threw her hands into the air. "If it were easy everyone would do it. But consider all of our friends and the people who inhabit this very land. They all had quests to pursue. Journeys to undertake."

"You sound rehearsed." Piper laughed.

"Child! I've been worrying about this day for the last eighteen years! I've ran this conversation through my head more times than I care to admit. But this," Grandmother folded the book and handed it back to Piper, "This is your life's story."