Chapter Four

Annabeth could tell Michael would let Percy and her keep up their game, and she also knew that Percy was getting reckless, and on top of it all, Rebecca was trying to figure out what they were hiding, and Julia wanted to see Annabeth in a relationship before the year ended.

But that wasn't what was on Annabeth's mind, what was on her mind was something very different.

All of their progress, their fun, all of the time they spent building up a fake relationship – or lack thereof – went down the drain. For a very good reason, however.

Mr. Blofis was at the front of his English class, and they were discussing story prompts. Annabeth was more or less paying attention, she didn't have much desire to write anything at the moment, when people began listing ideas.

"Lost in the forest!" Someone in the class shouted out.

"Yes, that's a good one. Give it some context find the characters, expand, it's a perfect setting." Annabeth butted it in.

"Isn't it a little cliché?"

"But Annabeth, sometimes the clichés are good for the story to continue. Any other ideas?" Mr. Blofis was the kind of teacher where shouting out in his class was okay. He was one of the few teachers who seemed to genuinely care for his students and their learning experiences, making him a favorite teacher for many.

It wasn't much of a shock when even the quiet kids, or the ones who didn't do the best in class would talk in his class.

One of the kids, a boy Annabeth didn't know the name of, began to speak.

"What about an endless pit? Not being able to see the ground and just falling, all alone." Suddenly Annabeth was pulled back. Her vision began to blur, and her breath got caught her throat. She began to shake and cry and all she could see was darkness. All she could feel was the sensation of falling.

Annabeth was falling back down to Tartarus, to Hell, and this time, she was alone.

Julia stared in shock as her friend began to panic, and jumped up as soon as Annabeth screamed, quietly, but agonizing all the same.

"Mr. Blofis!" Julia cried out, but her teacher was already by Annabeth's side.

"Julia, go and get Percy Jackson." Julia blanked.

"What?"

"Now!" He had shouted, the first time the class had heard Mr. Blofis be genuinely afraid, and panicked.

So, Julia ran. She knew Percy would be in Mr. Jones' class, she had a friend who was also in his class who, like every other girl, had a crush on the boy.

As Julia ran, her mind was racing. The only logical explanation was that Percy was Mr. Blofis' stepson. But why? Why him when there were so many other, probably capable, students in the class?

Julia didn't have much time to think, because she ended bursting through Mr. Jones' door. She saw him. Percy, already gazing up at her.

"Percy. It's Annabeth." And Percy was up in a second. Without a word, Percy dashed through Goode's halls and into Mr. Blofis' classroom, Julia hot on his heels.

Soon as the teenager was in Mr. Blofis' room, he rushed to Annabeth's side.

Neither men exchanged a word. Percy took Annabeth's hands, and looked her in her sobbing eyes.

"Hey, hey Annabeth it's me. I'm right here. We got out. We're okay. Okay? Look at me, Wisegirl, c'mon look at me. Please? Annabeth please. I promise, we're okay, we're safe, we won." And Percy would say things like this on repeat until Annabeth slowly began to regain consciousness.