Chapter two A new friend?

I heard their building a new store over there. My Mother says pointing to an unfinished building. What is it going to be? I asked looking at her again. Well me and the girls thought it would be a Walmart. Your Father says it will be a Wine store. Mother says opening the shop door. I nodd walking in seeing a lot of people. Wow this is crowded.

My mother says looking around. I agree walking over to a pair of boots I like. I pick them up and walk over to the jeans and tank tops. I see a girl around my age looking to. I haven't seen her around witch is odd because my parents know everyone. Hi my name is Brooke I haven't seen around are you new in town? I ask smiling at her. Hi. Yes I'm new. My name is Layla Lainhart. She says smiling at me. It's nice to meet you Layla. I say sticking my hand out for her to shake. She pulls me in and hugs me before I can say another word. I'm a hugger.

Layla says laughing at my response. It's fine I just haven't had someone to hug me the first time I met them. I say and she looks shocked but drops it. It sure is crowded isn't it Brooky? She asks and I nod thinking about the name she called me. Are you here alone? I ask and she shakes her head. No I'm with my parents and and siblings. She says looking at me then my Mother. It that your Mom? Layla asks pointing to my Mother. Yes that's her alright. I say looking at my Mother who's buying a dress. Brooke! My Mother calls to me. Yes? I answer her.

Be at the car in ten. My Mother says motioning to her watch. I nod looking back at Layla. Hey umm you wanna hang out some time? I ask her and she smiles big. Of course lets exchange numbers so we can get together. She says and I hand her my cell phone. I'm glad I have a friend now. Layla says typing my number in her phone. Yeah me too. I say smiling at her. She hands me my phone back and we go to stand in the line at the checkout. Hey let me pay for your boots. Layla says and I shake my head. It's fine I have the money.

Before I can say another thing Layla takes my boots and hands them to Betty. I'll be paying cash. Layla says and my eyes go big. That'll be four hundred dollars please. Betty says and Layla pulls out four hundreds and hands them to her. Thanks Layla but I have to pay you back I say and she shakes her head. I have plenty of money Brooke don't worry about it. Layla says and I nod my head. I do to. I say and she smiles. Its fine you can pay me back another time.

Just then my phone rings. I'll see you later then Layla says and I nod smiling.

Hello? I answer waiting to find out who this is. Babe how are you? Jake answers and I smile knowing he got a new number. Good baby I miss you are we still on for tonight? I ask and I hear a chuckle. Of course we are why wouldn't we be? Jake asks and I sigh. I don't know. I answer as I walk outside to the car to see my Mother. I'll see you tonight. Jake says and I smile. I'll see you then. Bye Babe I say and Jake chuckles. You're going to go home now aren't you? Jake asks and I laugh. Yeah babe you know me so well actually I still have to go to Kroger's.

I say and Jake curses. I got to go babe burnt my eggs love you. I laugh and say Love you Jake.